Author Topic: Double Jaw Surgery Recovery  (Read 3783 times)

Vic

Double Jaw Surgery Recovery
« on: November 01, 2016, 04:32:50 AM »
Day 5 of recovery from double jaw surgery. I didn't think being on a liquid diet for 2 weeks was going to be so bad. I begged Dr Z yesterday if I can go on rice pudding but he wasn't having any of it and said 2 weeks on liquids. Also, having a constant blocked nose and not being aloud to blow your nose is super frustrating.

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Double Jaw Surgery Recovery
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 08:14:52 AM »
Day 5 of recovery from double jaw surgery. I didn't think being on a liquid diet for 2 weeks was going to be so bad. I begged Dr Z yesterday if I can go on rice pudding but he wasn't having any of it and said 2 weeks on liquids. Also, having a constant blocked nose and not being aloud to blow your nose is super frustrating.

WHY ON EARTH DID I HAVE NEITHER PROBLEM? Dr. SInn wanted me eating pudding and stuff by Day 7. And I never had a blacked nose throughout the whole procedure??? So weird.

marcus3415

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 09:53:08 AM »
I was on liquids for 6 weeks and barely moved on to soft foods at 6-8

Vic

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 03:35:36 PM »
I could noway do 6 weeks. There'll be nothing left of me. I'm already missing eating meat

ditterbo

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 03:43:22 PM »
This 'longing' for solid foods, trying to better understand it for what it's worth weighing potential of future bimax...   Is it like an instinctual ravishing pain for food as if you're not getting enough through your liquid diet? Mental or physical pain?  Are you dropping pounds at a seriously unhealthy rate and starting to literally look emaciated?  Congrats on almost completing the first week post op!

Vic

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 03:50:07 PM »
It's physical and mental. My stomachs constantly rumbling and it didn't help today when I stepped out my room to see Dr Z and right in front of my door was a buffet table with kinds of food.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 07:23:02 PM »
I mean really? You know how much like yogourt, ice-cream, milkshakes, gatorade basically mainlined into my veins.

I mean by day 3 I was doing puddings and stuff.

It was a bit annoying at first sure, but I was like swallowing food and sort of chewing up stuff half-way by week 3.

Vic

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 05:48:34 AM »
I'm not even on stuff like that. That's soft food which I'm aloud after two weeks. I'm on liquids at the moment which consists of two things, water and really watery soup

boyo

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 12:40:53 PM »
any nerve damage?

Vic

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 03:54:38 AM »
any nerve damage?

No, I'm num on the left side of my top lift, but can feel it when I pinch that area, so I know the feeling will come back

Vic

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2016, 04:34:33 AM »
lost 5 kgs in a week of being on liquids. Have another 3 weeks left of liquid diet

mike888miller

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2016, 10:16:33 AM »
how liquid does the Food have to be? can you blend meat? you should try to blend Avocados, meat, read potatoes. gosh i am so worried about this aspect.

Vic

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2016, 03:07:06 PM »
Clear liquids for the first 4 weeks then soft foods, which means anything blended into pure for another 4 weeks

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2016, 06:35:17 PM »
trust me regular melted ice cream is FINNNNNE

Vic

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2016, 02:39:42 AM »
trust me regular melted ice cream is FINNNNNE

I'm actually using this as a chance to lose some weight though, so don't want to eat anything like ice cream which will put the weight back on