Author Topic: ANYONE FEEL LIKE THEIR MAXILLA IS LOOSE AFTER JAW SURGERY? 3months post  (Read 712 times)

Lazlo

• Private
So yeah I feel like my whole maxilla or upper arch when I place my tongue within it and push outwards it actually like expands a bit --f**king weird cause it never did that before? I had a slight expansion during the 3 piece lefort but it didn't expand much.

Also I feel like my upper arch or maxilla has been like shoved into playdough or like soft clay Like it feels it could go back in if I clenched my teeth hard enough. Should i still be feeling looseness like this and s**t at 3 months post-op?

I can't open my mouth that wide, i still have that terrible cheek pain on the right side of my face and numbness and lower right lip and chin.

Just wondering if any of these issues were present with others and if/when they resolved?

marcus3415

Re: ANYONE FEEL LIKE THEIR MAXILLA IS LOOSE AFTER JAW SURGERY? 3months post
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 10:39:25 AM »
Same thing happened to me. Thought my jaw was loose haha.

After about 6-9 months I started to feel more stable. After about a year (currently 16 months post op), I felt situated with my appearance and settled with everything.