Author Topic: HELP: Revision surgery  (Read 1451 times)

jawregret

HELP: Revision surgery
« on: September 28, 2016, 07:46:14 AM »
Does anyone know of good revision surgeons? Preferably Canada, but I'll take US and possibly Europe as well.

I was over-impacted and need a maxillary downgraft to fix things. So if you know anyone who deals with that, it would be great.

Thank you.

Lazlo

• Private
Re: HELP: Revision surgery
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 09:53:33 PM »
Does anyone know of good revision surgeons? Preferably Canada, but I'll take US and possibly Europe as well.

I was over-impacted and need a maxillary downgraft to fix things. So if you know anyone who deals with that, it would be great.

Thank you.

Dr. Claudio Tochio in Toronto

jawregret

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 07:51:38 AM »
Update: my original surgeon has offered a (free) revision to reverse my upper jaw to how it was. Setting it back slightly and downgrafting 4.5mm. He originally impacted 3mm, but he says he would overcorrect due to relapse. Using bone graft too.

Unsure if I should take his offer on it...

marcus3415

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 08:08:35 AM »
well...do you trust him?

i.e--my surgical bite is okay after class 3 but I blame my orthodontist, not my surgeon. i would 100% let me surgeon operate on me again, while preferably pushing my ortho off a cliff into a burning jungle :)

jawregret

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 10:52:31 AM »
I guess I'm not sure.

He messed up in the first surgery, when he shouldn't have impacted at all in the first place or touched the upper jaw at all, only the lower. However, his plan to reverse the upper seems okay...?

Does anyone know about downgrafting?