Author Topic: SMALL BONE CHIP STICKING OUT OF GUMS NEAR MOLAR!!!!??? pOST_OP HELP!!!!  (Read 1302 times)

Lazlo

• Private
So I just found back near my lower left gum, mandible a small jagged bone chip sticking out. At first I thought it was a bit of hard food lodged back there but looked in the mirror and it's a white piece of bone.

Obviously gonna call Dr. Sinn tomorrow and my ortho and anyone else pertinent but anyone had this happen? Hope it's not serious, what the f**k is it and what do I do?????

Lazlo

• Private
Re: SMALL BONE CHIP STICKING OUT OF GUMS NEAR MOLAR!!!!??? pOST_OP HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 02:49:17 PM »
so it seems like it's probably a bone spur or part of bone working it's way out????

saw some stuff about this online. it's f**king odd feeling though a piece of bone. Unlike this guy I don't have any serious pain associated with it though, and f**k NO i would not pull it out with a fork. jesus

http://imgur.com/gallery/OE9Jf

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 04:37:38 PM »
Oooooooooooooooohhhh my God I can never unsee that bone fragment that dude pulled out!!  This surgery is getting scarier and scarier I might just die young and ugly from sleep apnea. 
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 07:29:15 PM »
yeah trust me imagine having one in your mouth --imagine having a f**king BONE sticking out of your gums. This is s**t that you're not supposed to see!!!!!

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 07:21:18 AM »
yeah trust me imagine having one in your mouth --imagine having a f**king BONE sticking out of your gums. This is s**t that you're not supposed to see!!!!!

I cant even believe this is yet another possible complication of jaw surgery along with your other post about your maxilla feeling like its shifting when you push your tongue on the top of your mouth.  You went to a world class surgeon too!!  This whole surgery seems to be a roll of the dice when it comes to the outcomes. 
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

TMKA

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 04:28:16 AM »
Right before I had my surgery, I had several bone chips work their way thru. It was from having my wisdom teeth removed 20 years earlier. I think the tooth movement from my braces caused it. Each time I just waited till they were loose enough to wiggle out. No big deal.