Author Topic: What do I need? (Pics, Ceph+)  (Read 20092 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: What do I need? (Pics, Ceph+)
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2016, 11:54:50 PM »
just trust me, go with gunson's plan.

he's so f**king smart as far as his advice on no extractions etc. Posnick is a f**king moron. I wish I had known what I know now back then how much better all of this could have gone. No teeth being extracted etc. etc. You have great teeth and a great bite. Just follow Gunson's plan end of story.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2016, 01:34:52 AM »
just trust me, go with gunson's plan.

he's so f**king smart as far as his advice on no extractions etc. Posnick is a f**king moron. I wish I had known what I know now back then how much better all of this could have gone. No teeth being extracted etc. etc. You have great teeth and a great bite. Just follow Gunson's plan end of story.
I agree. I'm kicking myself for not seeing him before my crummy surgery. I think he has a very good aesthetic eye as well.

ditterbo

« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2016, 08:40:23 PM »
I'm going to see a periodontist to see if there is any merit in extracting teeth, from a long term gum health perspective. I have some slight recession but nothing really noticeable, and I'm not sure if the cause is teeth flaring/orthodontic camouflage related.

I've had this 'in between things' idea to replace the chin implant with a 4-6mm SG. Primary reason being to hopefully fix my tethered up and crooked lower lip. But that SG would take me from 12mm to 4-6mm augmentation tops, and I'm afraid an SG will weaken the chin muscular attachments at a time when the chin pad is already at risk of drooping from implant removal.  Also I think SG's have the potential to add vertical length to a chin, but Gunson's plan is to actually push my chin forward 3mm and up 1.5mm in bimax (see block model surgery plan).   

Dr. Zide is the only doc I think would know how to avoid mentalis drooping / witches chin deformities with this procedure, but he doesn't listen to his patients desires on augmentation amount and tends to go too big. Some weird neck muscle work he does concurrently as well without advance notice that makes people super pissed about him, among other things.   I won't be happy with implant removal w/o replacement, and I don't want another 2 standalone surgeries on my chin.  Waste of time and money.