Before/After Photos > Overbites

Double-Jaw Surgery + Genio this Tuesday, please help! (before pics)

<< < (2/4) > >>

newfacenewlife:

--- Quote from: Trader on December 05, 2016, 01:51:07 PM ---I hate to say this, but I think you should delay your surgery until you get a better idea of your surgeon's plan as well as his capabilities.

You seem to have a very steep occlusal plane, which means that you'd need a lot of counterclockwise rotation to achieve a balanced profile and a healthy airway. 2mm of impaction at the front isn't going to cut it -- you need a good amount of lengthening of your posterior maxilla. I suspect your surgeon may not be comfortable with this, which will lead to compromised results.

--- End quote ---

Oh jesus I can't call it off now I'm hours away from it, I mean I'm not looking for perfection. Just a better bite and slightly improved aesthetics. I'm quite happy with how I look ultimately.

Here are some shots of my teeth

http://imgur.com/a/v5GSq

I really just dont want a chimp limp or anything, I have a convex philtrum which apparently is preferred.

Im so nervous now.

PloskoPlus:

--- Quote from: newfacenewlife on December 05, 2016, 01:57:24 PM ---Oh jesus I can't call it off now I'm hours away from it, I mean I'm not looking for perfection. Just a better bite and slightly improved aesthetics. I'm quite happy with how I look ultimately.

I really just dont want a chimp limp or anything, I have a convex philtrum which apparently is preferred.

Im so nervous now.

--- End quote ---
You don't have a gummy smile. You do have a long lip. 2mm of impaction will not achieve much CCW, but may kill your tooth show. There are multiple users on this forum dealing with this.

Trader:

--- Quote from: newfacenewlife on December 05, 2016, 01:57:24 PM ---Oh jesus I can't call it off now I'm hours away from it, I mean I'm not looking for perfection. Just a better bite and slightly improved aesthetics. I'm quite happy with how I look ultimately.

--- End quote ---

You can call it off at any moment before you go under. We're talking about a major surgery performed on your face. It's also an elective surgery, with no urgent need for it.

If you go through with this, you will get some improvement in your face. The actual horizontal lengthening of your lower jaw will probably only be a few millimeters, and the increase in your airway size will be similarly small. Almost all of the improvement in your profile will come from the sliding genioplasty, rather than the jaw advancement.

You have great features overall, and you could have amazing results with a proper counterclockwise rotation advancement. I think you're better off postponing surgery and getting it done correctly the first time, even if that requires waiting longer.

PloskoPlus:

--- Quote from: Trader on December 05, 2016, 02:06:22 PM ---You can call it off at any moment before you go under. We're talking about a major surgery performed on your face. It's also an elective surgery, with no urgent need for it.

If you go through with this, you will get some improvement in your face. The actual horizontal lengthening of your lower jaw will probably only be a few millimeters, and the increase in your airway size will be similarly small. Almost all of the improvement in your profile will come from the sliding genioplasty, rather than the jaw advancement.

You have great features overall, and you could have amazing results with a proper counterclockwise rotation advancement. I think you're better off postponing surgery and getting it done correctly the first time, even if that requires waiting longer.

--- End quote ---
I agree.  Proper CCW will also mean less horizontal advancement of there maxilla. OP already has a wide nose.

newfacenewlife:

--- Quote from: Trader on December 05, 2016, 02:06:22 PM ---You can call it off at any moment before you go under. We're talking about a major surgery performed on your face. It's also an elective surgery, with no urgent need for it.

--- End quote ---

I'm actually totally fine with my face other than my recessed mandible, so I would be pretty happy with the lower advancement and genio as that's all I was ever hoping for, but according to my surgeon the Lefort I will be the cherry on top. Thanks for the compliment, that means a lot. By any chance could you explain what you mean but a proper counterclockwise rotation advancement so I can mention it in the morning to my surgeon? I'd really appreciate it. But ultimately as I said, so long as I don't look worse off from this surgery I'd be over the moon, I just want a stronger chin and jaw area!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version