Author Topic: Chin asymmetry post-SG  (Read 1569 times)

needadvancement

Chin asymmetry post-SG
« on: November 27, 2016, 12:41:33 PM »
https://s18.postimg.org/s2kawq32h/SG_asymetry.jpg

I feel that the left side of my chin is more pronounced I hope you can see that through the facial hair, but it's very significant when looking at the sides. There are plate and screws in the middle and on the left side of the chin, so that could be contributing to it. But I believe this asymmetry was already there and has become more noticable after my vertical+horizontal sliding genio back in June.

I plan on another SG next year and will certainly bring this up to the surgeon. Is this a difficult problem to fix? Keep in mind I am looking for another vertical and forward advancement, but also a chin widening cut in the middle AND I hope he can shave the chin bone into a square shape. Thoughts?

Bobbit

Re: Chin asymmetry post-SG
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 02:58:04 PM »
https://s18.postimg.org/s2kawq32h/SG_asymetry.jpg

I feel that the left side of my chin is more pronounced I hope you can see that through the facial hair, but it's very significant when looking at the sides. There are plate and screws in the middle and on the left side of the chin, so that could be contributing to it. But I believe this asymmetry was already there and has become more noticable after my vertical+horizontal sliding genio back in June.

I plan on another SG next year and will certainly bring this up to the surgeon. Is this a difficult problem to fix? Keep in mind I am looking for another vertical and forward advancement, but also a chin widening cut in the middle AND I hope he can shave the chin bone into a square shape. Thoughts?

How long ago was the surgery done?   It could just primarily still be swelling.   Also - - it is really subtle.   

Why wasn't the  SG done properly - -  the first time ?   Are you going back to the same surgeon ?

needadvancement

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 04:38:55 PM »
How long ago was the surgery done?   It could just primarily still be swelling.   Also - - it is really subtle.   

Why wasn't the  SG done properly - -  the first time ?   Are you going back to the same surgeon ?

5 months ago, the swelling's been gone for a while now I don't think there will be any more changes.

It is subtle yes but there is a difference if you compare both sides. I'd say the surgery was a success because I don't have any complications. But the surgeon must have been unable to spot the subtle asymmetry. That is why I am going to another more experienced surgeon.

Bobbit

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 04:45:19 PM »
5 months ago, the swelling's been gone for a while now I don't think there will be any more changes.

It is subtle yes but there is a difference if you compare both sides. I'd say the surgery was a success because I don't have any complications. But the surgeon must have been unable to spot the subtle asymmetry. That is why I am going to another more experienced surgeon.

Are you wanting to just correct the asymmetry - -   or are you wanting to have additional changes made ?

needadvancement

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 06:06:10 PM »
Are you wanting to just correct the asymmetry - -   or are you wanting to have additional changes made ?

Both actually. It's a lot of stuff that the surgeon needs to be taking care of like I described in my thread post.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 11:24:03 AM by needadvancement »

needadvancement

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 11:26:26 AM »
Anybody else have experience with this kind of problem and was able to fix it? I can't seem to find other examples online.