Author Topic: How do you know if you have sleep apnea? And how do you get it diagnosed?  (Read 830 times)

nycface

I have trouble breathing, but I also have bad allergies.

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
Re: How do you know if you have sleep apnea? And how do you get it diagnosed?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 09:23:33 AM »
The only way to know for sure is by getting a sleep study.  If you feel exhausted after a night's sleep, have a sore throat from snoring all night, then odds are you have sleep apnea.
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

Bobbit

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 05:18:33 PM »
I have trouble breathing, but I also have bad allergies.
Spend less than 75 $ at  Walgreens.  Get a finger pulse oximeter.   It can be set to record over night.  set it up.  tape it on your finger.   Go to sleep.  Wake up and download the bluetooth data to your computer.

Plot out a graph of the over night time on the x axis.  Plot the  heart rate and sPO2 on the Y axis.   You will quickly see if you do / do not have sleep apnea. 

Nice... because there is no medical record.   THEN you can decided what to do with the information.

Frankly - -  doing anything else - - first - - is just dumb.   This is smart.

nycface

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 08:20:19 PM »
Spend less than 75 $ at  Walgreens.  Get a finger pulse oximeter.   It can be set to record over night.  set it up.  tape it on your finger.   Go to sleep.  Wake up and download the bluetooth data to your computer.

Plot out a graph of the over night time on the x axis.  Plot the  heart rate and sPO2 on the Y axis.   You will quickly see if you do / do not have sleep apnea. 

Nice... because there is no medical record.   THEN you can decided what to do with the information.

Frankly - -  doing anything else - - first - - is just dumb.   This is smart.

Awesome idea, thank you so much. I am not sure if I have sleep apnea or just really bad allergies.