Author Topic: Removing medpor implant (had surgery wtih dr Zarinbal in november)  (Read 1856 times)

nope

Hello. As I mentioned a while ago I had medlar chin implant removal with doctor Zarrinbal early in november (can't log in). As it seems to me not one, but two implant pieces are still in there. One of the implant pieces is about 1,5cm the other around 0,5 cm it seems to me when I touch the outlines. I need to find a doctor with a lot of experience to get the medpor implant pieces out there. Dr. Zarrinbal thought the implant may have broken off.

I've seen other surgeons who are also positive after touching my face that there are still two implant pieces in there and want to remove it. But the question is: do you know surgeons in or around Europe with a lot of experience with medpor removal? I found surgeons in America that have used this implant for many years but I am charged the full fee again so that means paying for the same surgery two times and traveling to America which I can't, so I have to find someone less expensive and less far away. I did find some surgeons in Europe too but again: need to think about costs because I get charged full price again of course. Someone know of a not too expensive surgeon that has removed this implant type regularly?

« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 01:14:14 PM by chin.surgery »

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Removing medpor implant (had surgery wtih dr Zarinbal in november)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 01:57:04 AM »
Hello. As I mentioned a while ago I had medlar chin implant removal with doctor Zarrinbal early in november (can't log in). As it seems to me not one, but two implant pieces are still in there. One of the implant pieces is about 1,5cm the other around 0,5 cm it seems to me when I touch the outlines. I need to find a doctor with a lot of experience to get the medpor implant pieces out there. Dr. Zarrinbal thought the implant may have broken off but then he also did seem to think it may be bone what I feel and no implant when I spoke to him.

I've seen other surgeons who are also positive after touching my face that there are still two implant pieces in there and want to remove it. But the question is: do you know surgeons in or around Europe with a lot of experience with medpor removal? I found surgeons in America that have used this implant for many years but I am charged the full fee again so that means paying for the same surgery two times and traveling to America which I can't, so I have to find someone less expensive and less far away. I did find some surgeons in Europe too but again: need to think about costs because I get charged full price again of course. Someone know of a not too expensive surgeon that has removed this implant type regularly?

Second time I've heard of Zarrinbal leaving pieces of implant in the patient. How was your surgery/aesthetic/physical outcome with him otherwise??

Lestat

ditterbo

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 01:45:07 PM »
OP maybe it was a deleted post from your last thread (who I got linked to by Lestat, I might know something for once! ;D), but I thought Dr Z was going to take care of those fragments?  He like called you back or something and planned to surgically remove the rest?  I thought it was a happy turnaround of events for you. Please advise.

nope

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 09:29:21 PM »
We in the end decided to wait and I feel it was a good decision to not instantly get another surgery. Since it was only when swelling went down that I felt what I am convinced is a second implant piece on the other side. As mentioned: a surgeon that recently touched my face was positive there are two pieces in there too. I also did not know at that time with swelling that one piece would be longer than I thought: it seems around 1.5cm long to me. This makes the situation different and I was told I better get it out ahead of time if I want to get an osteotomy.

Lestat

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 12:05:01 PM »
I would ask Prof. Konrad Wangerin. He is a legend!