Author Topic: Cheek bones  (Read 2014 times)

Dan274

Cheek bones
« on: December 26, 2016, 01:36:27 PM »
Hey,

I am looking at having a bimaxillary with Dr Raffaini (I have a consultation in a few months time), however I have been advised that I should also consider cheek bone enhancement (by another surgeon in switzerland). I just have a couple of questions if anybody has any information.

1. Does Dr Raffaini offer cheek bone enhancement?
2. Would you use Dr Raffaini for cheek bone enhancement (I haven't seen any before/ after's of this surgery)
3. If Dr Raffaini done your bimaxillary, and you wasn't going to use him for your cheeks (either because he doesn't do it or you would use somebody else) who would you use, and why? And how long would you wait after bimaxillary?

Thanks in advance, hope you all had a great time over the holidays!

Dan

Dan274

Re: Cheek bones
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 02:44:04 PM »
Anyone have any idea? Or any information or insights on cheek bone augmentation/ enhancement (if you don't have any currently)?

Thanks again!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 02:57:19 PM »
Anyone have any idea? Or any information or insights on cheek bone augmentation/ enhancement (if you don't have any currently)?

Thanks again!

Dude read the millions of threads on this forum before you ask such stupid questions.

Dan274

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 02:15:58 PM »
Dude read the millions of threads on this forum before you ask such stupid questions.

This question was in the context of my first question, which wasn't stupid given that I haven't found anything linked to Raffaini and cheek bones by searching.

You should change your tone, I bet you're a great person to be around at Christmas.

Lestat

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 02:56:01 PM »
I haven't found anything linked to Raffaini and cheek bones by searching.

I have heard that Raffaini does only fat grafting for cheekbone augmentation. He does not use Medpor for example (most italian surgeon are using it).

Dan274

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 08:06:45 AM »
Thanks Lestat. From what I can see Fat Grafting shouldn't be considered permanent, so I am unsure what the point is if you're going to need further work in years to come?

Lestat

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 08:25:19 AM »
Thanks Lestat. From what I can see Fat Grafting shouldn't be considered permanent, so I am unsure what the point is if you're going to need further work in years to come?

If the fat survives the transfer it is like every other living tissue in the body. It lives almost as long as you do EXCEPT that if you lose weight they deflate and if you gain weight, it will fill up.

Dan274

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 08:30:38 AM »
Makes sense, I train quite a lot and go through cycles of bulking up and cutting down, so perhaps not he best treatment for me (I will do a lot more research, of course).

From what I understand, Lyophilised cartilage seems to be the best for cheekbones, which Sailer uses. Do you know if it is common that a patient would use 1 surgeon for 1 surgery and another for another, for example Raffaini for bimaxillary with Sailer for cheek bones?

If I'm completely honest, reading about all of the possible side effects, the people who haven't had great succession with surgery, the limitations it could potentially impose (for example, I recall somebody saying when they go in the cold the metal clamps in their face causes them headaches) I am considering if surgery is really worth it.

Lestat

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 09:31:26 AM »
From what I understand, Lyophilised cartilage seems to be the best for cheekbones, which Sailer uses. Do you know if it is common that a patient would use 1 surgeon for 1 surgery and another for another, for example Raffaini for bimaxillary with Sailer for cheek bones?

Yes it is common.

See my pm.