General Category > Emotional Support

Im devastated. Do I need a re-do?

<< < (3/5) > >>

ditterbo:

--- Quote from: LyraM45 on January 05, 2017, 08:21:18 AM ---If you are posting your records, with your results, and nothing with exaggeration/libel/slander/false statements, etc, then you can do whatever you want with your records.  They are yours.  And if your doctor did right by you, they wouldn't be ashamed to have their work on the internet for others to see.

This is a HUGE red flag for me.  Don't bend over to them. Your records are yours and they legally can do nothing about you posting your records and getting feedback from a public forum.  I would put the name back out there.  It does other patients a service to have your results and doctors name out to see.

--- End quote ---

If he describes the order of events post op from his perspective, then I'd imagine that would become a he said vs she said kind of thing in court and create more of a headache than it's worth.  Similar logic not to make strong judgement calls (eg this surgery was a failure, the doctor is arrogant, etc.).  Make it as bland as possible because obviously the results can speak for themselves. IMO anyways, could be wrong on this & I got a USA law perspective.

LyraM45:

--- Quote from: ditterbo on January 05, 2017, 03:30:22 PM ---If he describes the order of events post op from his perspective, then I'd imagine that would become a he said vs she said kind of thing in court and create more of a headache than it's worth.  Similar logic not to make strong judgement calls (eg this surgery was a failure, the doctor is arrogant, etc.).  Make it as bland as possible because obviously the results can speak for themselves. IMO anyways, could be wrong on this & I got a USA law perspective.

--- End quote ---

Exactly.  If the results and records speak for themselves, then it's a "Res Ipsa" case.  Just let them speak for themselves.

Ben30:
I reviewed my surgeon on here. I should have posted pictures and provided the only plane facts but I didn't and the review had to be remove.

I think my surgeon will stick to pulling wisdom from now on though, well hopefully anyway.

PhoenixHiker:
I had an appointment with the surgeon weeks ago. He still refused to admit any errors or provided any details like how many mm he moved my jaw. BUT this time he agreed to do a full revision WITH FULL CHARGES (he basically said only he's capable for this revision) and offered me a financial package (mortgage) to pay. Ridiculous?!  I also consulted other surgeons in phx area but they're only willing to do genioplasty and they indeed don't do any revision. I have no idea which way I should go. Any suggestions are welcome!

Pennylane:
You might want to hold off going back to your original surgeon because he does not sound all that trustworthy. You probably should consult with more surgeons (ones that are experienced with revisions) even if you have to travel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version