Author Topic: Call for help before my surgery next month  (Read 5063 times)

Yyes

Call for help before my surgery next month
« on: January 01, 2017, 12:29:54 AM »
Let me preface this by first saying that I understand that I can get really annoying with these posts, but I have surgery one month away. Unfortunately I have no one else to turn to because my family doesnt know I do cosmetic surgery, and neither do my friends so I am grateful to be a part of a small community that can help with this.

I have surgery next month with Dr Hilinski. And before I engage in my surgery, I want to know final thoughts from you guys just in case I am missing something. Just in case you guys see something that I am not seeing.

My biggest issues have always been my

1)Facial fat, especially on my left side
2) My high jaw slope, specifically on my left side.

I have created a video on vimeo so you guys can see exactly what I mean and I really hope a lot of you can give me some input. I want this to be my last surgery in a long time.

I think the video shows very well, what my biggest concern is, as I talk about it and you are actually able to see me in 3d moving around.

I am looking for constructive feedback and hope to get it here. I posted on miss j as well but I feel this would be a good place to post as well.

Just FYI, I took CT scans and my bone structure looks ok and I can provide pics here.

The password to the video is

missj

https://vimeo.com/197649452

Yyes

Re: Call for help before my surgery next month
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 12:32:06 AM »
Also, can someone explain these pics to me?

How is it that I look lean on one picture, but don't look lean on the other?

Cameras certainly cant distort this much can they? and how do I know when I can trust what I am seeing?

On the before and after picture, I morphed one side of my face to make it less bulky, but if I were to do it in surgery, does this mean that I have to shave my upper cheek area, or can liposuction take care of this? I already had my buccal fats removed.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByGkh3KXsrkmflR5bndGUmJSMDBjR2kwOUNwanJIYUR0SFViZWRQYmtXUHlTQ0FrREpPdlU?usp=sharing

Vic

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 04:42:57 AM »
Your profile is pretty much perfect on the left side, it looks like you have some asymmetry though from the front in length and width of each side of your jaws. A OPG X-ray will best be able to confirm this. Have you got a pic of your profile from the right side?
The reason one side of your face is bigger than the other can be because the bone is wider on that side or the jaw muscle is thicker on that side. Again x-rays can confirm this for sure. If it's your jaw bone that's the issue, then you can either have ffs surgery on the bigger side to shave the bone down or a side wing on the smaller side to make that side wider. If it's your jaw muscle that's to big on the one side, then you can get botox injected into the muscle to make the muscle smaller

Yyes

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 09:16:24 AM »
The problem is that I want to slim the upper area of the left side of my face. Basically I don't want to add more bulk to my face as my face is already round. Also,  botox would only slim lower face and not upper if I understand it correctly. I think I have the xray results but let me double check

Vic

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 12:00:55 PM »
Your upper face is where you cheek bones are. Looking at your pics, there's nothing wrong with that area. It's the lower part of your face where one side is bigger than the other and botox will correct that if it's muscle related

Yyes

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 12:11:57 PM »
That's very interesting. Maybe the video i posted shows my issue a bit better. Did you get a chance to view it?

Vic

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 04:37:16 PM »
Yes I saw the vid mate. Maybe you need to drop your bf down or have cheek liposuction if you think it's just fat. But the main asymmetry you have is at the bottom of your face. The right side is more square than the left which is either due to your jaw bone or muscle

Yyes

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 04:39:56 PM »
Exactly. It almost seems as if I have to vertically lengthen my jaw on the left side to Match my right side doesn't it?

anona_mz

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 06:43:20 PM »
I have to agree with Vic. If it's muscle related you should try Botox. It will atrophy the muscle and the muscle will shrink. It could be due to dominate chewing on one side because of a bad bite. I have gotten Botox for bruxism and my face slimmed down quite a bit. I still have chubby cheeks and plan on getting Buccal fat removal. Do you think Buccal fat removal was worth it for you? I have read mixed reviews and most surgeons don't recommend it, but I'm a slim person and have always had chubby cheeks.

Yyes

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 08:27:31 PM »
I honestly dont think buccal fat removal helped that much. I did buccal fat removal on the left side of my face, which is the side that I am still not satisfied with. This is why I am going to get another round of facial liposuction .

Yyes

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 02:24:03 PM »
Lol. I look far from very good. Theres a reason I have struggled in the dating world my friend. Were you able to see the video? It shows just how much facial fat I have. I am 27 actually and havent lost any facial fat.

The problem I feel is that if I do botox to the masseter, it will only make my left side even less square since it would shrink the lower jaw.

And then if I add a jaw implant, even if its just to augment the ramus, it would still add width to the left side of my face which is what I am trying to stay away from. Im trying to dewiden my face.

Yyes

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 04:17:51 PM »
The potato face is killing your aesthetic potential. Excess roundness and facial fat is a death sentence to all but the most Godly of bone structures.

You've got three options I know of my friend:

1. Diet. Like me you're genetically inclined to store fat in the face and the two last places I keep my stubborn fatty deposits are my bottom two abs and my cheeks. If you diet hard enough it will go. I don't believe you're close to 11% bf in that video. I bet even when you're shredded you will still look somewhat bloated, but it will still be a definite improvement.

2. Facial liposuction with micro cannulas. The reason why it's not done in those areas often is because there is a risk of nerve damage and uneven tissue contour afterwards, as it's not like buccal fat pad removal where a nice slice of fat can be removed.

3. Facial liposuction with lasers. I'm not sure of the risks for this one.

What surgery are you actually getting done?

I am having microliposuction for sure in the area between my cheekbones and jawline. However, I will ask my doctor if he is willing to do under my cheekbones next to my nose area . I know people always talk about nerve damage but sometimes i wonder if this nerve damage is permanent. If the nerves are affected for 3 months, then I dont care I will still do it. I had buccal fat removal to the left side, and it didnt do anything. So it leaves me thinking that its facial fat.

I never heard of laser microliposuction and dont know of many surgeons that would do that to my face.

I have asked Dr Lambros, Dr Binder, Dr Yaremchuk, and Dr Guyuron. They are all reluctant to touching my face with a micro canula . The only one willing to do it is Dr Hilinski and even he said that hes not very comfortable doing it because of the slight risk of nerve damage and irregularities. He suggests Kybela as well, but kybella I dont trust. I dont know why.

Yyes

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 04:18:59 PM »
No, you look good dude. You shouldn't have any problems getting girls unless you are chasing models or something.

I guess this is all subjective. I dont know what your definition of model is but the girls that I am going for are very pretty. They dont look like Megan Fox or anything remotely close to that, but they would still be considered pretty attractive by the average person.

Yyes

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 04:51:03 PM »
Thanks man. Well this is what I got from real self . Many doctors seem to agree by what this doctor said:

The risk of facial nerve paralysis after facial liposuction is quite low.

All plastic surgeons are well-versed in the anatomy of the facial nerve.

The most common branch to be injured during facial liposuction is the buccal branch.

The risk of nerve damage can be avoided by performing liposuction closer to the skin layer.

When nerve damage is caused by liposuction, it is typically because a fatty coding of the nerve, called the myelin sheath, has been damaged.

The myelin sheath is typically restored overtime.

Nerve injuries are referred to as neurapraxia. They're categorized as different levels of injury.

The recovery time after neurapraxia is dependent on the level of injury. This can take anywhere from a few weeks to many months.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 05:49:04 PM »
Get a dexa scan. If you are less than 11% body fat and don't have a chiselled face, then maybe you have some kind of predisposition to storing fat in your face. OTOH, it could be just the shape of your skull. Some people have chiselled stealth fighter faces and most don't. It's just the way things are.