Author Topic: Call for help before my surgery next month  (Read 5055 times)

Yyes

Re: Call for help before my surgery next month
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 06:32:53 PM »
Get a dexa scan. If you are less than 11% body fat and don't have a chiselled face, then maybe you have some kind of predisposition to storing fat in your face. OTOH, it could be just the shape of your skull. Some people have chiselled stealth fighter faces and most don't. It's just the way things are.

I took a CT scan of my skull. Here is my current bone structure. I will see Gunson in May but based off what max fac surgeons have told me, my bone structure is good. This was backed by Binder and Eppley but I guess they could be wrong?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByGkh3KXsrkmeXFUR29SUXlYdW8?usp=sharing

Vic

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2017, 03:28:58 AM »
Mate, sorry to say but you're no where near 11% body fat. There's so many people who think they have lower body fat than they actually have because that's what the scales tell them, but scales are so far off for measuring body fat. You need to get a dexa scan done by a professional to measure you true body fat.

The guy in the link below is a fitness model who's having his body fat measured using dexa scan and he's at 10.8% body fat, which the professional said is the lowest he's ever had by a male

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmnby7lLABc

This pic shows you what 10.8% body fat looks like

[attachment deleted by admin]

UKMaxfac

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2017, 09:42:10 AM »
Its just genetics man. Are you South American?

Yyes

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2017, 12:08:27 PM »
Mate, sorry to say but you're no where near 11% body fat. There's so many people who think they have lower body fat than they actually have because that's what the scales tell them, but scales are so far off for measuring body fat. You need to get a dexa scan done by a professional to measure you true body fat.

The guy in the link below is a fitness model who's having his body fat measured using dexa scan and he's at 10.8% body fat, which the professional said is the lowest he's ever had by a male

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmnby7lLABc

This pic shows you what 10.8% body fat looks like

Yeah I think you are right. However, even that guy, If he were to have the same body fat percentage I do, his face wouldnt look as bloated.

Yyes

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2017, 12:09:14 PM »
Its just genetics man. Are you South American?

Yes I am. Genetics freaking suck.

Vic

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2017, 02:04:36 PM »
Your probably at 20+% body fat, so get it down and you will see it come off your face

PloskoPlus

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2017, 05:50:27 PM »
At 17%  I had hamster cheeks. At 11 I looked like death. Same dexa machine for both scans.

ditterbo

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2017, 07:27:03 PM »
First I've heard of these dexa scans.  Every year my company gives us these grips to squeeze that report out our BF%.  Nice to hear they're not accurate.  I mean I was at like 9% or something crazy back in 2011 and am now supposedly at 14%.  Getting a dexa scan sounds like a cool couple hundred bucks in the states to get done, certainly without insurance money.  :-\

I look borderline gaunt in the face since my rhinoplasty.. I swear it somehow did a number on my upper cheek area.  But prior to all that, when I magically went up 10 pounds over my norm for a spell (skinny fat), my face also got a lot fuller.  It was real obvious to me anyways.

Yyes

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2017, 09:42:46 PM »
Your probably at 20+% body fat, so get it down and you will see it come off your face

Definitely not at 20+. I dont think the bod pod is that inaccurate.

kjohnt

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2017, 12:27:44 AM »
Diet and exercise, lower bodyfat.

UKMaxfac

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2017, 08:08:02 AM »

I look borderline gaunt in the face since my rhinoplasty.. I swear it somehow did a number on my upper cheek area.  But prior to all that, when I magically went up 10 pounds over my norm for a spell (skinny fat), my face also got a lot fuller.  It was real obvious to me anyways.

Mine changed my midfacial soft tissues as well.

Why the hell does this happen?!

Vic

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2017, 11:38:23 AM »
Do Rhino's thin out your soft tissue?