Author Topic: What do you think would improve my facial harmony? (PICS)  (Read 4811 times)

kjohnt

Re: What do you think would improve my facial harmony? (PICS)
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2016, 12:58:43 PM »
I like your profile.  I like your nose and chin.  In fact I'd have liked to see the chin advanced 2-3mm further forward but it's good now, and not too big.  Nostrils non-issue, look good.  Your maxillary projection is nice.  Your cheeks look fine to me... advancing maxilla will make them look a little less full in front hence why some surgeons add cheek volume as part of the procedure but not necessary here.  I can see your gonial notches you mentioned since looking for them but not an issue and only noticeable to you.  Smiling gum show is spot on.  Your face does not appear "masculine."

The things I think detracting your aesthetics:
1) Largish forehead making your face longer.  You can't fix it.
2) Short ramus (rami for plural?) making mandibular plane steep. 
3) Lack of gonial width making face slim and thus appears longer because of it.

The latter two could be fixed with jaw implants in theory.  But I don't think necessary.

Without lateral ceph it's impossible to say if more ccw rotation was indicated as suggested by posters above.  Certainly not via any impaction because as I said your gum show is great.

Edit: I checked pics again and you are good looking.  I wouldn't do more surgery.  I'd like to see a proper frontal picture but from pics provided you are being overly judgemental of yourself.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2016, 01:58:32 PM »
I like your profile.  I like your nose and chin.  In fact I'd have liked to see the chin advanced 2-3mm further forward but it's good now, and not too big.  Nostrils non-issue, look good.  Your maxillary projection is nice.  Your cheeks look fine to me... advancing maxilla will make them look a little less full in front hence why some surgeons add cheek volume as part of the procedure but not necessary here.  I can see your gonial notches you mentioned since looking for them but not an issue and only noticeable to you.  Smiling gum show is spot on.  Your face does not appear "masculine."

The things I think detracting your aesthetics:
1) Largish forehead making your face longer.  You can't fix it.
2) Short ramus (rami for plural?) making mandibular plane steep. 
3) Lack of gonial width making face slim and thus appears longer because of it.

The latter two could be fixed with jaw implants in theory.  But I don't think necessary.

Without lateral ceph it's impossible to say if more ccw rotation was indicated as suggested by posters above.  Certainly not via any impaction because as I said your gum show is great.

Edit: I checked pics again and you are good looking.  I wouldn't do more surgery.  I'd like to see a proper frontal picture but from pics provided you are being overly judgemental of yourself.
Maybe lowering the hairline (I wouldn't do it) would help... But the  forehead (which to me looks feminine) balances the jaws in profile. (I have similar jaws in profile, but my sloped forehead makes me look like an ape).

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2016, 06:21:45 PM »
you're lucky im commenting on this thread cause i'm the final word on aesthetics.

You look really good. Great smile, nose, profile. Little idiosyncracies here and there ---make you pretty in a jenna malone way though you;'re prettier than her.

No go develop a personality. doing this here sucks your personality lifeless --think of other things to care about.

go away now, you banished.

marcus3415

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2017, 08:29:57 PM »
Yeah, I could see that being true