Author Topic: Custom Jaw Implant Surgeons  (Read 2715 times)

DavidRicardo

Custom Jaw Implant Surgeons
« on: January 19, 2017, 08:25:31 AM »
Hey guys, new to this forum. Aiming to get custom jaw implants asap, have the finances available and the one barrier which was holding me back, people judging me for getting implants, is now removed as I'm moving town. Perfect time to get a slayer jawline.
One problem, completely tied on which surgeon to opt for. Narrowed it down to three possible options, Yaremchuk, Eppley and a guy based in central London, Jesper Sorensen.
The two guys in the US are by far the favs. Sorensen would be ideal purely for convenience but I'm doubtful he has the experience (seems nobody in the UK does). 
Yaremchuk has a tonne of experience but I was disappointed after consulting with him. Seemed a little too withdrawn, didn't really have any input over what he thought would look good. I've heard people say he's very conservative in his approach. This alone wouldn't bother me as my jawline is already pretty decent - no bite issues, only a small amount of chin advancement needed. I could probably get away with small/medium off the shelf implants but would prefer custom for more control over the final result.
The other issue with Dr. Y is I'm finding it very hard to actually make any contact with him. Having to go through his PA's who take an age to reply.  Didn't get the best vibe from the guy. A few of the crazy reviews on realself have me uneasy too.
Eppley seems a lot more engaging, was really open about what he thought would look best, his vision really aligned with mine. Impressive blog on PS. Says all the right things. Good vibe.

My gut is leading me towards Eppley, however for all the experience he claims to have I'm finding it very hard to contact anyone who has had implants done by him. A lot of people consult with him though. Is there something I'm missing? Has anyone over here personally had (or know anyone who has) facial implants with Barry Eppley?
Also, for those who have had implants with Dr. Y, what was he like? How did the end result turn out?
Final question, is there anyone here who is able to do decent image morphing?? Haven't bothered to have one done as of yet, purely been showing images of an ideal jawline. But I here it's recommended.

Cheers

earl25

Re: Custom Jaw Implant Surgeons
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 08:47:37 AM »
 :
You can email dr ceydeli in fl, dr perenak in  new orleans, philip young in seattle. Dr binder in cali a lot of docs do jaw implants

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 12:01:58 PM »
:
You can email dr ceydeli in fl, dr perenak in  new orleans, philip young in seattle. Dr binder in cali a lot of docs do jaw implants

Any non-US surgeons to contact? Particularly third world countries. I'm looking to get a custom supraorbital implant and so far I've only found one Italian surgeon that does custom implants

earl25

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 12:39:41 PM »
I cant remeber his name but theres one who dr ramrez trained in lithuania

earl25

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 03:58:11 PM »
This is a notoriously hard procedure to get aesthetically correct. I've seen plenty of mediocre results by Y and E and they are supposedly two of the best in the world.

Have you seen any before/after's of Jesper? He's an unknown quantity.

Never heard of jesper

ditterbo

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 05:55:21 PM »
This is a notoriously hard procedure to get aesthetically correct. I've seen plenty of mediocre results by Y and E and they are supposedly two of the best in the world.

So let's say someone whose relatively thin without a terribly fatty face gets CUSTOM jaw implants.  You're saying those results come out uneven, don't show through the soft tissue much, and/or don't create missing gonial angles?

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 06:20:29 PM »
So let's say someone whose relatively thin without a terribly fatty face gets CUSTOM jaw implants.  You're saying those results come out uneven, don't show through the soft tissue much, and/or don't create missing gonial angles?

Eppley told me that there's a 10% chance of noticeable asymmetry even with custom jaw implants. Consider that the placement and size of the masseter muscle can impact the final result. Consider also that silicone is soft, it's not rigid. Consider also that the rotation of the jaw angles (whether they 'flare' forward) is relevant, and the surgeon may not address this as part of the design. There's a number of other reasons why implants may fail due to poor design (lack of thought given to the shape and expanse of the actual gonial angle, absence of the ante-gonial notch, surgeon laziness (yes this happens more than you expected)  etc)

DavidRicardo

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 05:39:22 AM »
Never heard of jesper

Had a consult with Jesper purely because he's local and mentioned a fair amount about jaw implants on his website. Turns out he only does chin and cheek implants regularly. His last jaw implant was some years back.

DavidRicardo

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 05:47:43 AM »
Any non-US surgeons to contact? Particularly third world countries. I'm looking to get a custom supraorbital implant and so far I've only found one Italian surgeon that does custom implants

There is a guy I've recently found who looks promising, Dr Noorman Van De Dussen. Works out of Belgium, but also offers consults in central London. Looks the best option that I've come across in Europe. 

DavidRicardo

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 06:04:52 AM »

The only guy I've seen who regularly churned out amazing results was Terino. Maybe he got lucky with patients though, wheedled out people with overly fat faces and those in need of surgery rather than implants.