Author Topic: I had jaw and chin implants with Dr. Slupchynskyj and totally regret it  (Read 2820 times)

nycface

I had jaw implants with Dr. Slupchynskyj back in 2014.

I made a huge mistake by choosing to go to this doctor. I completely didn't do any research and just decided to 'go for it' or something equally ridiculous. Well I'm not sure what this doctor is good at, but jaw implants is definitely not one of them.

If you look at the B&As on his website they honestly all look like crap. Even the custom ones don't look good at all. And my B&A ended up looking terrible too.

First off the result was ridiculously asymmetrical. It literally looked like my face was lopsided. He said this was due to natural underlying asymmetry. But I'm wondering why he didn't try to correct for this during the surgery. I asked if he could replace one of the implants with a larger one (I originally had two small off-the-shelf implants) to make my face look less crooked; he said sure and quoted me $6500.

The result was also just bulky and gross. The angles were all wrong. This was a huge mistake & I really recommend that you look elsewhere if you want jaw augmentation in NYC (I've made some recommendations below and you can message me. If you're determined to stay in NY then Andrew Jacono is your best bet. But if you're looking to do this procedure right then I highly recommend that you be prepared to do it out of state with Dr. Eppley or Dr. Yaremchuk. The cost difference isn't big at all and is worth the lifetime result and not looking like a freak).

I'm now paying thousands of dollars to have his work corrected. I suggest anyone looking into this to do things right the first time, even if that means waiting a year or two longer to save some extra money.

Final line, do not go to Dr. Slupchynskyj for jaw augmentation or jaw implants. If you do you're just an idiot and consider yourself warned.

Another thought, for people with not too severe overbites/recession, I totally think the implant route is a great way to achieve what you're looking for. My implants would look great... had I gone to a competent surgeon. If you are going to go this route, make sure you do a huge amount of research and don't let a couple thousand dollars deter you from choosing the superior aesthetic choice. I thought I would save money by having off-the-shelf implants and staying local. WRONG. I am having a one-piece wraparound jaw implant put in by Dr. Eppley in a few months. So I needlessly spent 2x the amount of money by not doing things right the first time.

So, if your issues with your jaw are just mainly related to size (it's position/angle is okay, it's just too small), definitely consider going the implant route. Any questions message me.

slidinggenio

Re: I had jaw and chin implants with Dr. Slupchynskyj and totally regret it
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 09:00:20 PM »
lol implants

ditterbo

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 10:34:45 PM »
Welcome to this forum, and sorry to hear he messed up.  Not the first I've heard that happen, he is notorious for asymmetric results IMO. Glad you didn't have him do a revision, it wouldn't have worked out.

So you know, people on this forum don't take kindly to implants, generally speaking. But you hit the most understandable use case on the head there - when you're jaw is is just small but otherwise properly positioned, then go with implants to add bulk. 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 12:39:43 AM by ditterbo »

nycface

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 10:43:21 PM »
Welcome to this forum, and sorry to hear he messed up.  Not the first I've heard that happen, he is notorious for asymmetric results IMO. Glad you didn't have him do a revision, it wouldn't have worked out.

So you know, people on this forum don't take kindly to implants, generally speaking. But you hit the most understandable use case on the head there - when you're jaw is is just small but otherwise properly positioned, then go with implants to add bulk.

It wasn't even just the bad results... he just has a terrible attitude on top of it.

I actually recently saw a 3D CT Scan of my jaw from Eppley. Apparently the position/angles are fine... it's just too small. I also have very full cheeks and wide eyes, making it look even worse than it is.

In an ideal world I'd have orthognathic surgery, but the implants will give me what I'm looking for, and I'd like to enjoy my face while still young instead of planning and anticipating these hugely invasive surgeries for years on end...

ppsk

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 11:02:19 PM »
I am thinking of biting the bullet and going to eppley for extensive implants as well.

when i add up the time, flights, planning for future surgeries (since it is unlikely that one chin wing will give good augmentation) etc, it just seems far more realistic

NY76

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 06:12:36 PM »
Can I ask why you picked Eppley over Yaremchuk?  I am seeking customs also and have been on the fence between these two. 

nycface

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 10:29:33 PM »
I just messaged you. Eppley has been awesome so far. My surgery is two weeks from tomorrow and I'm so excited.

PopThemPills

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 07:22:28 PM »
Looking at Slupchynskyj's page, I agree. His example chin implants are not good. The black guys look slightly better afterwards, and the women look worse. He does a good job on natural looking face lifts, but chins are clearly not his specialty.

How are you feeling after your surgery with Eppley?