Author Topic: Should i or shouldn't I? (pics inside)  (Read 4745 times)

jawregret

Re: Should i or shouldn't I? (pics inside)
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2017, 07:49:17 AM »
I'm looking at a 3.5 or 4mm downgraft only (clockwise rotation). Would that have an effect on the length of the philtrum? No additional forward movement.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2017, 02:40:33 PM »
I'm looking at a 3.5 or 4mm downgraft only (clockwise rotation). Would that have an effect on the length of the philtrum? No additional forward movement.
The philtrum length does not change. What can make it look longer is it becoming more vertical due to CW rotation (teeth more vertical). Also advancement puts it closer to the observer and makes it look longer.

buzzhead

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 09:04:39 AM »
Well, I guess it all depends on your own morphology.  I had my upper jaw brought forward 9 mm and down 5 mm with my lower brought forward 14 mm.  I did not get a widened nose even with out an alar cinch.  I think because my jaw went down and forward and not just forward.

jawregret

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2017, 10:42:39 AM »
Well, I guess it all depends on your own morphology.  I had my upper jaw brought forward 9 mm and down 5 mm with my lower brought forward 14 mm.  I did not get a widened nose even with out an alar cinch.  I think because my jaw went down and forward and not just forward.

Whoa, that's a huge movement. Was your upper jaw that recessed?

buzzhead

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2017, 03:09:01 PM »
When I was eighteen my orthodontist removed 4 bicuspids and pulled my front teeth backwards to relieve crowding and attempting to fix my deep collapsed occlusion.  My upper teeth all but disappeared and I didn't get much "fix" to my deep bite.  Maybe having my teeth previously pulled back helped to not piggy up my nose with my bimax surgery.