Author Topic: The brow bone/upper eye area  (Read 32084 times)

Meefly

Re: The brow bone/upper eye area
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2018, 12:58:22 PM »
I have a really prominant brow, an ex girlfriend used to refer to it as a 'neanderthal brow'. In certain lighting conditions it almost looks like a weird Klingon deformity.  I unfortunately have weak cheekbones and wide but receded jaws, these are much more important variables. I would say brow ridge is low down in order of heirachy.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2018, 01:52:57 PM »
I have a really prominant brow, an ex girlfriend used to refer to it as a 'neanderthal brow'. In certain lighting conditions it almost looks like a weird Klingon deformity.  I unfortunately have weak cheekbones and wide but receded jaws, these are much more important variables. I would say brow ridge is low down in order of heirachy.

People discuss the frankfurt plane and malocclusion a bit too much than they should IMO. Very few seem to go excessively into changing the SHAPE of bone.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2018, 04:32:23 PM »
The excessive brow ridge could just be a recessive (heavily sloped) forehead.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2018, 04:36:03 PM »
The excessive brow ridge could just be a recessive (heavily sloped) forehead.

Example?

For the record, no it doesn't have to be that. And in some cases (such as mine), I have too much anterior projection and its not even either.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 05:50:38 PM by ForeverAloneDude »