Author Topic: Lab-grown bones successfully transplanted!  (Read 4148 times)

Lefortitude

Re: Lab-grown bones successfully transplanted!
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2017, 02:00:40 PM »
I disagree. There is a huge market for this stuff. I'm studying in the field and I know investors avec very reactive.
Israel relies a lot on it's biotech industry lately, also a mean to gain some diplomatic legitimacy, if you see what I mean.

pretty sure if there was an instant cure for MPB, it would have to cost 800,000 USD + in order for it to be profitable over a decade or two of finasteride pills, rogain foam and hair transplants.

asphyxia

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 10:26:21 AM »
Yeah, I know,but...I was just trying to say they seemed on their way.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2018, 12:01:18 PM »
yeah that's why I said 2030s is when we'll see this stuff filtering into our lives. Better then than never!? Right?

There will be a super hair loss replacement technique in the 2020s for sure --like hair multiplication or cloning for sure.

IDK I hope this isn't too good to be true, tbh. I'll be only 34 if it comes out in 2030. Still have a bit of youthfulness hopefully if I could look ok.

I find many ways to cope. The prospect of better technology is the only cope that I have since nothing works for me. Anti depressants have been useless.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2018, 12:04:11 PM »
im also sadly pessimistic.  I think businesses make too much money off, a5r inhibitors, multiple FUT/FUE procedures, minox, hair pieces etc.  that the price of a one time super fix would make it unreasonable, and therefore less profitable, than camo treatments that are mediocre at best, and require long term financial commitment. 

same goes for s**tty silastic/medpor implants

But that only gives an incentive for a small startup to blow the old technology out of the water and destroy that monopoly of (s**tty) technology.

Also, yeah the biotech industry needs competition. Nothing more, nothing less. If it becomes competitive like the consumer electronics industry, then we can see growth like the consumer electronics industry.