Author Topic: who can analyze my face? 2 Ceph+ 2Ceph analysis+OPG attached 12000€+2braces  (Read 1306 times)

:'(   It is 4am and i havent slept for weeks now because of my jaw.

Let me tell you my story and hopefully some of you can give me advice or opinions anything is welcome.

I am a class 3 - heridatry my brother and father and fathers family side have it.

12years old - had 2 year fixed braces with 4 teeth extracted

19years old- put braces again because not happy with profile

now i am 25- my fixed retainer on my lower jaw broke (you can see my upper retainer is still there in the xray i took last week)... i dint fix it so result... slowly noticing  relapse again...

went to the orthodentist... he said either ill put new  lower retainer for 200€ to stop further relapse and live happily with this smile or you want invisalign for 6000€ or carriere motion with fixed appliance for little less than that.

all above 3 orthodontist live in different countries since i travel alot.

NOW

in all my years going to the orthodontists, first Dr is a professor in a uni and last one has 20 years experience. None have ever mentioned surgery for me.

I am attaching my Cephalometric xray with its analysis and panaoramic xray. i took them last week.

I want to hear what you all have to say?

what is my problem exactly?
what should i get done? :-\

[attachment deleted by admin]

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 05:52:10 PM by 爱 »

Re: who can analyze my face? Ceph+Ceph analysis+OPG attached
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 05:09:36 PM »
This is another Cephalometry with its analysis done 5 years ago before 2nd round of braces.

do you see any improvement between this and the new cepha i took last week?

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 05:11:47 PM »
Here is the 5 years ago Cephalo before 2nd round of 1.5 year fixed braces.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 05:14:51 PM »
Class III is generally hard to compensate for with braces. You will most likey need surgery.

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 05:16:55 PM »
Thanks for your reply
Can you elaborate what you think my jaw problem is? and what type of surgery will i need ? maxilla and mandibullar both need to be moved?

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 05:24:19 PM »
This is what the orthodontist had to say 5 years ago.

No mention of surgery.
now 5 years 2 round of braces and 12000€ later ...
im again told to put braces for 6000€ or leave it alone.
also i cant blv that after 2 relapses my orthodeontist kept pressuring me to go for invisaglin which im sure in my case wont do much at all!
just really lost hope im finding sincere doctors who want to treat patients rather than do business !

Lefortitude

this is a very sad story.  PloskPlus is a wizard at this stuff and i agree with him, in that the class 3 skeletal with open bite is hard to compensate with braces.  youl likely need to be decompensated and have jaw surgery to correct the maloclusion.  I recommend you stop seeing orthodontists, and start seeing maxilliofacial surgeons. 

Thanks Lefortiude for dropping a word
what do you mean by decompensation?
Btw im not seeing maxiofacials untill i move to germany in april because im going to be staying there for 2 years.
any recommendations on Drs in germany
somehow from my google research, germans dont seem to be big in orgnathic surgery such as usa korea or spain and italy...or am i wrong ?
also i feel that class3 is mainly an asian problem that is best solved in asia than europe?

also, incase no1 noticed...
my case is not severe or moderate class 3...
my lower jaw never overlaped my upper jaw, it was touching at worse....
i think my case at age 9 could have been treated by expanding maxilla and promoting forward growth and controlling lower jaw protrusion...

my orthodontist was retarded back then or what...what for did he extract 4 teeth! 2 upper decreasing maxilla space and 2 lower ! eyes rolled  :o