Author Topic: Rhinoplasty after orthognathic surgery?  (Read 1686 times)

notsureyet2015

Rhinoplasty after orthognathic surgery?
« on: February 12, 2017, 01:44:30 PM »
Hey everyone -- has anyone seen any before/after pics of people who have undergone rhinoplasty after orthognathic surgery? Mine has mostly been a success. The only negative, and one I anticipated, was that I preferred my nose before surgery (as predicted with Le Fort 1 advancement, it widened, but a little more than expected.).

I'm curious if anyone has seen any before jaw surgery, after jaw surgery, and then after rhinoplasty pictures to see what results have looked like. I'm not looking into this immediately, but it's been on my mind.

The Quest for Aesthetics

Re: Rhinoplasty after orthognathic surgery?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 02:16:23 PM »
Would you be able to describe exactly what happened to your nose? Is it just the alar bases or did the nostrils get wider aswell, effect on the tip etc?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 02:23:51 PM »
Wait till it's 12 months after surgery. Then go to the best guy possible even if your nose job is simple (alar resection). A bad nose job is worse than no nose job - you'll spend a fortune fixing it.

notsureyet2015

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 02:58:47 PM »
Tip didn't really change, nose/alars just got wider. More noticeable when I smile.

And yeah, no plans to rush into this and I'm not especially fussed about it--happy overall. I'll see how I'm feeling in another year and then explore, but I was curious if there were any examples of orthognathic patients in particular online :)

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 03:24:15 PM »
Tip didn't really change, nose/alars just got wider. More noticeable when I smile.

And yeah, no plans to rush into this and I'm not especially fussed about it--happy overall. I'll see how I'm feeling in another year and then explore, but I was curious if there were any examples of orthognathic patients in particular online :)

Did the distance between the nostrils change? did the nostrils themselves increase in width? did the nostrils change in shape? did the alar rims thicken?

notsureyet2015

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 07:30:16 AM »
Would rather not get into all the details of what I look like, but if anyone has any photo examples that could be helpful as I think about this that would be appreciated!

Vic

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 12:00:57 PM »
Does Rhinoplasty make the area next to each side of the nostrils more flat?