Author Topic: Analyze my Ceph  (Read 4068 times)

Jilkster

Re: Analyze my Ceph
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2017, 01:38:59 PM »
This is spot on. Your airway is one of the best I have seen and many people people don't have an airway as big as yours even after surgery. I  don't think you have any functional issues, but you lack a bit of bimax projection and considering your asymmetry bimax might make sense aesthetically (if one side of the mandible is longer than the other, it's usually fixed by advancing the other side more). The only thing that really caught my eye was the increased nasolabial angle which bimax would improve. No genio.

That would leave the ramus being asymmetrical, though, no? What do you think of chin wing + rhino to fix the mandibular asymmetry from front to back and correct the rotation of the nose?

kjohnt

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2017, 03:23:41 PM »
Do you have a frontal ceph?  You should have posted that to begin with since that's where your issues are.

april

• Private
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2017, 03:42:08 AM »
you can see that you would have significant asymmetry by the way your ramus overlap in the ceph

CCW

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2017, 04:30:30 PM »
That would leave the ramus being asymmetrical, though, no? What do you think of chin wing + rhino to fix the mandibular asymmetry from front to back and correct the rotation of the nose?
That could work. See a surgeon.

Jilkster

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2017, 06:54:44 PM »
That could work. See a surgeon.

Do you think a jaw implant would be superior for correcting such asymmetry? I know they are kind of hated on here, but just aesthetically speaking?

Do you think the subideal maxillary and mandibular projection is such a minor issue it's hardly worth correcting?

CCW

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2017, 02:12:56 AM »
Do you think a jaw implant would be superior for correcting such asymmetry? I know they are kind of hated on here, but just aesthetically speaking?

Do you think the subideal maxillary and mandibular projection is such a minor issue it's hardly worth correcting?
Superior? No. Implants themselves often look asymmetric, especially if you have natural underlying asymmetry. I would never get implants because they aren't permanent, you need to get them replaced regularly, they can get infected and cause bone erosion.

I do think your issues are minor. In my opinion you have very little to gain from bimax because I don't think you have any functional issues and the movements would be so minor you'd look hardly different. Your OP is flat and bite is solid, so you probably don't have any joint issues and will never have. Your airway is great, and you don't have a recessed mouth-breather profile either. Based on your ceph and picture, you look like a good-looking dude. But who am I to tell you to forget about it if this thing bothers you. See a few good surgeons and hear what they have to say and then decide for yourself.

Jilkster

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 06:21:26 PM »
Superior? No. Implants themselves often look asymmetric, especially if you have natural underlying asymmetry. I would never get implants because they aren't permanent, you need to get them replaced regularly, they can get infected and cause bone erosion.

I do think your issues are minor. In my opinion you have very little to gain from bimax because I don't think you have any functional issues and the movements would be so minor you'd look hardly different. Your OP is flat and bite is solid, so you probably don't have any joint issues and will never have. Your airway is great, and you don't have a recessed mouth-breather profile either. Based on your ceph and picture, you look like a good-looking dude. But who am I to tell you to forget about it if this thing bothers you. See a few good surgeons and hear what they have to say and then decide for yourself.

Would you be ok with me pming you some pics for you to judge the overall aesthetic impact?

CCW

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2017, 02:13:38 PM »
Would you be ok with me pming you some pics for you to judge the overall aesthetic impact?
Sure, no problem.