Author Topic: HOW MUCH DOES TRIACA CHARGE FOR CHING WING??? ANYONE HAD HIM DO IT?  (Read 9155 times)

Lefortitude

Re: HOW MUCH DOES TRIACA CHARGE FOR CHING WING??? ANYONE HAD HIM DO IT?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2017, 11:36:07 AM »
also check if you have enough mandible for a chin wing first.  Apparently mines so hypoplastic there isnt enough bone to do a chin wing without certain damage to the nerve

PloskoPlus

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 01:25:31 PM »
honestly anyone tried injecting stem cells to the affected area? there's gotta be something one can do.
I contacted one max fac that does this. He immediately dismissed me. I think he only does it for severe neuralgia as a last resort. His message was be happy with your results, sometimes stuff like this happens. said removing the plates may make things better, make no difference or worse. That's it.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 02:04:11 PM »
also check if you have enough mandible for a chin wing first.  Apparently mines so hypoplastic there isnt enough bone to do a chin wing without certain damage to the nerve
Who told you this? Fwiw triaca said he could not do one in only about 5 cases out of over 900.

Lefortitude

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2017, 02:56:24 PM »
Who told you this? Fwiw triaca said he could not do one in only about 5 cases out of over 900.

Maxfac plastic surgeon i saw today told me after taking a good look at my case.  I wonder how many cases/900 have had long lasting nerve damage. 

PloskoPlus

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2017, 03:24:36 PM »
Maxfac plastic surgeon i saw today told me after taking a good look at my case.  I wonder how many cases/900 have had long lasting nerve damage.
Triaca said less than one percen of permanent lip numbness. Take that with a bucket of salt.

ditterbo

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2017, 03:31:20 PM »
dude is there any way to reverse the nerve damage? Even in the lower right part of the lip it feels horrible. Sensation is always tingling when I touch it. So yeah i have sensation but it's weird and it also feels like that part of the rip is made of rubber. I can honestly say it has not improved at all.

I only recall you and ploskoplus as having numbness that you can't really get past or is so minor you don't notice it anymore.  Is this numbness you both have different than the run of the mill bimax perma numbness, due to the tingling, rubber feeling or something else?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2017, 03:49:53 PM »
I only recall you and ploskoplus as having numbness that you can't really get past or is so minor you don't notice it anymore.  Is this numbness you both have different than the run of the mill bimax perma numbness, due to the tingling, rubber feeling or something else?
Lazlo is only 6 months out. He may still recover or at least adjust. I'm almost 2.5 years out and considering how mobile the upper lip is, I guess I'm the only hopeless one. How i hate my prick of a surgeon for wrecking me like this!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2017, 04:09:24 PM »
Lazlo is only 6 months out. He may still recover or at least adjust. I'm almost 2.5 years out and considering how mobile the upper lip is, I guess I'm the only hopeless one. How i hate my prick of a surgeon for wrecking me like this!

I feel for you so much Plosko. Not only did you not achieve the result you hoped for but your have to face this. There will one day be a cure for most physical things --I'm sure of it. I just really hope they can fix your issue. I'll keep my eye out for any news.

I think meditation may help you a lot because it's all about developing an awareness of sensation without reacting to sensation. If you wanna know some tips about it pm me.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2017, 05:16:31 PM »
I feel for you so much Plosko. Not only did you not achieve the result you hoped for but your have to face this. There will one day be a cure for most physical things --I'm sure of it. I just really hope they can fix your issue. I'll keep my eye out for any news.

I think meditation may help you a lot because it's all about developing an awareness of sensation without reacting to sensation. If you wanna know some tips about it pm me.
Lazlo
Thanks for your sympathies. Unfortunately you know exactly how I feel. I blame myself for not doing enough for diligence. My surgeons reputation was simplythe case of a big fish in a very small pond. It really sucks how we have to go through this hell. The bad luck of being born  with a dentofacial deformity.

idkidkidk

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2017, 08:21:16 PM »
Anyone know how much the risk of numbness is mitigated when a chin wing/side wing is performed on a younger patient (ie 18 yrs old)?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 09:52:52 PM by idkidkidk »

Lefortitude

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2017, 08:44:45 PM »
Anyone know how much the risk is of numbness mitigated when a chin wing/side wing is performed on a younger patient (ie 18 yrs old)?

from my understanding, the difference will not be clinically significant.

Rico

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2017, 12:22:24 PM »
Lazlo i've had both ching wing and bimax.

My experience and what the surgeon told me is that Chin wing numbness/nerve tingling is only temporally, while numbness/tingling from BSSO is often permanent or will only improve somewhat. Not sure why.

Probably due to much more manipulation around the nerve and bigger risk of postop nerve compression in BSSO

dude is there any way to reverse the nerve damage? Even in the lower right part of the lip it feels horrible. Sensation is always tingling when I touch it. So yeah i have sensation but it's weird and it also feels like that part of the rip is made of rubber. I can honestly say it has not improved at all.

How long since surgery ? 7 months ? how much of feeling you have now ?
how you eat ? how many kcal per day and do you eat a lot of vegatables and fruits ?

Triaca said less than one percen of permanent lip numbness. Take that with a bucket of salt.

less than 1% ?  haha what a dork.. What I know about 30% - 40% patients have some permanent feeling issue after surgery
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 12:33:55 PM by Rico »

Lefortitude

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2017, 03:25:36 PM »

less than 1% ?  haha what a dork.. What I know about 30% - 40% patients have some permanent feeling issue after surgery
[/quote]

i dont think this could be possible, since there would be hundreds of people posting on forums like this and the german jaw surgery forum about it.  from my knowledge there are only a handful who have reported prolonged sensation loss.

Rico

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2017, 04:06:07 PM »
I asked people on Italian, Polish forums after jaw surgery  and at least every 3rd patient got no more than 90% of feeling
Some of them much less

I think you confuse completely lack of feeling with no 100% regeneration.

There is no good German forum. Germany is specific country .
You can find a lot of patient opinions in many countries and almost nothing on German forums
I tried to find my surgeon and I didn't find - he is well known

Find me something about Prof Hoelzle (not my surgeon) on German forums. I'm waitng ;)
It;s main German max fac surgeon

All "jaw" patients are informed that they may not get 100% feeling back, so why would they complain about that what they know ?

Why on this forum 50% of guys have permanent some loss of feeling ?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 08:33:46 AM by Rico »

Rico

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2017, 04:19:05 PM »
by the way I was chatting with some guy from here who had surgery with Triaca.

Hey bro,, could you pm me here ? (i changed skype login)  I wonder how are you. I do not remember his nick from here ;)