Author Topic: Nose length and the (modified) le fort 2?  (Read 1041 times)

The Quest for Aesthetics

Nose length and the (modified) le fort 2?
« on: January 12, 2017, 04:09:09 AM »
An analysis of hundreds of faces of male models reveals that an average to slightly long nose with an average to slightly short stomion-subnasale distance, is almost ubiquitous. Unfortunately I have a short nose which has the side effect of a longer than ideal subnasale-stomion distance, given that I have good midfacial length overall. As mentioned in this article*, a le fort II is employed to lengthen a short nose in Apert syndrome patients, and this study* talks about normalising vertical facial ratios in Apert syndrome patients .. Does anyone have anymore information about this? I mean it would be great if a modified le fort 2-3 could be performed, encompassing the nasal bone and the upper midface without touching the dentoalveolar portion of the maxilla. I would benefit from a le fort 2 anyway due to mobilisation and sagittal movement of the nasal bone and the frontal process of the maxilla which are untouched by the mod le fort 3.

If anyone needs access to the studies I have a university login that I can help you with, PM me. If nobody has any information I will consult about it at some point so feel free to PM me about it.

*1: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4219913
*2: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23508053

The Quest for Aesthetics

Re: Nose length and the (modified) le fort 2?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 03:40:28 PM »
Bump on this one

Wraparoundshotgunimplant

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 03:37:48 PM »
LF3 incision is already above the nasal bone and frontal process of the maxilla. Why not get that then

diculo

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 12:21:21 AM »
Grafts are used to make noses longer. It seems very possible for an experienced plastic surgeon to be able to do it.

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 04:54:51 AM »
Grafts are used to make noses longer. It seems very possible for an experienced plastic surgeon to be able to do it.

The entire nose? In the sense of subnasale, nostrils etc.?