Author Topic: Bone erosion due to facial implants  (Read 4977 times)

Lefortitude

Re: Bone erosion due to facial implants
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 12:57:08 PM »
I know all too well from hair loss forums, that in the medical industry the "next big thing" is always "in a few years" and will be "revolutionary".

youre correct i suppose.  it happens more as gradual progressions as opposed to a revolutionary discovery.  hair transplants have come such a long way since i started losing my hair about 8 years ago.  by the time i get a transplant im sure itl look like im 17 again

Onyx

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 01:44:51 PM »
youre correct i suppose.  it happens more as gradual progressions as opposed to a revolutionary discovery.  hair transplants have come such a long way since i started losing my hair about 8 years ago.  by the time i get a transplant im sure itl look like im 17 again

Hair Transplants aren't very advanced at all or that solution isn't. I know surgeons who charge above 60 K and give artificial results. The drug companies will make sure there is no cure, same for cancer.

They CAN give great results but we should be much more advanced in the hair loss field by now.

Lefortitude

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 02:04:58 PM »
Hair Transplants aren't very advanced at all or that solution isn't. I know surgeons who charge above 60 K and give artificial results. The drug companies will make sure there is no cure, same for cancer.

They CAN give great results but we should be much more advanced in the hair loss field by now.

ya the drugs make pharma companies so much money that a transplant that perma fixed it would cut into their profits.

free market my ass

boyo

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 02:25:37 PM »
calcium phosphate is so brittle a tiny impact would cause it to shatter in your face.
It's not optimal but still far better then any other option available now and for long. Any superior material would involve cell tehcnology which would be painstakingly long to get approved for commercial use. And that's only when they even can get the techology to work. Waiting and holding off for the perfect solution isn't the right choice because by the time it arrives, you would have lost substantially of your looks-baseline because of aging. You would then only playing catchup with your baseline. Catch 22. Youth and time is crucial in maxing out your surgeries.

dardok

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 08:20:11 PM »
calcium phosphate is so brittle a tiny impact would cause it to shatter in your face.

What if the implant was small, say a paranasal implant or other.

Even if it was brittle it wouldnt have enough surface area to break from an impact, unless it was hard enough to crush bone anyway.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 12:18:45 AM »
i wouldent say totally useless.  the innovations are creating progress towards better implant materials with higher levels of osseo integration.  a few years down the line theyl have materials that turn into real bone thats harder better stronger than native bone.  its coming.  too bad youth is fleeing for us...

well these innovations will give us some more youth at least superficially. but as some of the younger bucks on this forum will discover, the older you get the more fatalistic you become, the less you care, the less you desire. There's f**king nothing like the bloom of youth I'll tell ya

PloskoPlus

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2017, 03:45:52 AM »
well these innovations will give us some more youth at least superficially. but as some of the younger bucks on this forum will discover, the older you get the more fatalistic you become, the less you care, the less you desire. There's f**king nothing like the bloom of youth I'll tell ya
I've been told that new experiences are the most potent under the age of 25. Any new experiences after that age are "meh". Just the way the brain works.