Author Topic: jaw surgery worth in this case ?  (Read 880 times)

thefatguy

jaw surgery worth in this case ?
« on: February 20, 2017, 04:15:34 PM »
hey

i wanted to know if in this case if it's worth to have the jaw surgery+genioplasty, what i can say is that my nose is always clogged (probably small airway), i possible have sleep apnea and sometimes my jaw makes some sounds, and my teeth are very bad(misaligned)

today from the first  time i visited an maxilla facial surgeon about my jaw and maxilla, i explained him the situation and he checks my palate and says i have V shape upper palate and my jaw is recessed, he says to me that he wants to do sarpe with palatal expander for 6 months, have braces then do the jaw surgery and maybe genioplasty(my demand) . total duration 1.5-2 years.
and he told me next week that i go to sleep study to see if i have sleep apnea if i have he will do maxillomandibular advancement.

what i am asking now, from health point view is all this worth the money and time ? i am more aesthetic based guy, will i look better after all these surgeries or i would look only slightly better, is it worth ?? and i am also very fat at the moment about 25-30 body fat. could that fat give bad appearance about jaw surgery and is my case very bad ?

every advice is considered good :)

thanks in advance

« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 05:00:44 PM by thefatguy »

Lefortitude

Re: jaw surgery worth in this case ?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 04:38:30 PM »
pics are bad, but i think if u have OSA that double jaw surgery will be a great relief. depending on the movement, it may also make you look better.

thefatguy

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 05:00:39 PM »
thanks, i don't know how to post better picture without exposing myself :), how do you think my case is severe ? i am a bit new to all this jaw surgery thing, and i am not sure if i should get it or pass and live the life that i got

Lefortitude

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 08:55:06 PM »
its a personal decision but OSA would be a good enough reason to go ahead with it.  have someone else take pics for you from about a meter and a half a way, and crop it so you dont expose yourself.

Lefortitude

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 01:02:45 PM »
few things i notice:

1) you have bad posture.  the forward or tilted head comes naturally when the airway is constricted.  it can also come from sitting in bad posture alot as a child. 

2) your mandible plane angle is steep.  a chin wing osteotomy can deal with this, but is only a cosmetic camouflage in the end.

3) i think youre a good candidate for the bimaxillary procedure.  the biggest benefit is enlarging your airway.

4) a combo of step 2 and 3 will yeild optimal results.  see a wide range of maxfac surgeons who perform these procedures and take your pic.

thefatguy

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 03:43:42 PM »
thanks for info, do you think i need genioplasty and how is my forward growth, and do you think that being fat makes your gonial angle bigger ? thanks

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 04:33:45 PM »
yes.