Author Topic: Help my fked face. Saw Gunson. Help with photoshop?  (Read 6596 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Help my fked face. Saw Gunson. Help with photoshop?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2017, 11:06:29 PM »
Just a bump for a question (sorry)

If I do go through with Gunson, should I be worried about the HA used for the cheek augmentation? I don't want it looking fake/bone issues done the road and I don't know if the "prominent" cheekbone look is something needed
Don't worry about the HA stuff its fine if applied by gunson.

You can never have big enough cheekbones. I do think in profile the more straight bridge on the nose will look. Go for a conservative rhinoplasty.  Obviously you're hell-bent on this so get a rhinoplasty too.

whatdo

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2017, 11:20:04 PM »
Don't worry about the HA stuff its fine if applied by gunson.

You can never have big enough cheekbones. I do think in profile the more straight bridge on the nose will look. Go for a conservative rhinoplasty.  Obviously you're hell-bent on this so get a rhinoplasty too.

Thank you! But you don't think malar augmentation will give adverse results like increased nasolabial fold appearance or sunken eyes do to the skin pull? I've been reading and it worries me.

Haha, mostly just hell bent on being decent looking and making the right moves which is why this is so hard to decide on plus reading and reading just brings up so many thoughts and issues that could arise. Sorry for all the questions. I just feel like y'all are much smarter than me when it comes to this.

CCW

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2017, 12:21:29 AM »
Gunson's HA grafts don't create a fake implant look. It's used for lateral projection, but many of their patients report it's mostly useless and only causes intense swelling.

Jaw surgery followed by a rhino if needed is the correct treatment plan for you if you have the money and motivation. Your nose will probably look a lot better after jaw surgery alone since it looks overprojected due to your recessed jaws and lack of maxillary support.

whatdo

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2017, 07:45:58 AM »
Gunson's HA grafts don't create a fake implant look. It's used for lateral projection, but many of their patients report it's mostly useless and only causes intense swelling.

Jaw surgery followed by a rhino if needed is the correct treatment plan for you if you have the money and motivation. Your nose will probably look a lot better after jaw surgery alone since it looks overprojected due to your recessed jaws and lack of maxillary support.

Oh. Then do you think it is best to forgo the HA graft? Would they be willing to do it down the road if I needed it, you think?

Thank you!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2017, 02:32:15 PM »
Oh. Then do you think it is best to forgo the HA graft? Would they be willing to do it down the road if I needed it, you think?

Thank you!

Definitely get as much HA grafting as you can. More the better the results are so minimal you won't even notice them so you'll wish you had more and you need it. Stop asking questions now and go forward and get it all done with GUnson. Also Ask for a more pronounced chin. My only criticism of Gunson's aesthetic is that they usually prefer somewhat weak chins for my taste. But then I believe a strong Daniel Day Lewis/Viggo Mortensen Mads Mikkelsen chin is the way to go! Good luck bro!

whatdo

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2017, 06:46:35 PM »
Definitely get as much HA grafting as you can. More the better the results are so minimal you won't even notice them so you'll wish you had more and you need it. Stop asking questions now and go forward and get it all done with GUnson. Also Ask for a more pronounced chin. My only criticism of Gunson's aesthetic is that they usually prefer somewhat weak chins for my taste. But then I believe a strong Daniel Day Lewis/Viggo Mortensen Mads Mikkelsen chin is the way to go! Good luck bro!

Ah, thanks. Yeah, sorry for the questions, its just a big decision and I keep jutting my jaw forward and get worried about how I'll look from the front, like 9-10mm of lower jaw movement might make me look weird from the front, no? It would give me a weird underbite look but that might be because jutting the jaw forward isn't the same as the surgical movement.

What do you think of Sean o Pry's chin? It's pretty good too, no? Is there anything else I should tell Gunson?

Thanks again!

PloskoPlus

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2017, 07:03:24 PM »
Ah, thanks. Yeah, sorry for the questions, its just a big decision and I keep jutting my jaw forward and get worried about how I'll look from the front, like 9-10mm of lower jaw movement might make me look weird from the front, no? It would give me a weird underbite look but that might be because jutting the jaw forward isn't the same as the surgical movement.

What do you think of Sean o Pry's chin? It's pretty good too, no? Is there anything else I should tell Gunson?

Thanks again!
You will probably not change much from the front. Asking for celebrity features, bringing their photos to consultations will quickly put you in the Bdd bin.

whatdo

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2017, 04:07:36 PM »
You will probably not change much from the front. Asking for celebrity features, bringing their photos to consultations will quickly put you in the Bdd bin.

You don't think that the prominent/pointy chin look will be an issue? As in the chin being too focal from the front? My orthodontist said I should consider a shaving because that likely could ruin the aesthetics from front given my chin

And it looks that way when I push my lower jaw forward

Milli_Meters

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2017, 05:21:01 PM »
Pushing your lower jaw is not bsso. Also your surgical result will involve maxilla moved along with it which you can not simulate obviously.

Your chin does not look too pointy to me. Did Gunson suggest shaving?

If you are going through this with Gunson , you will be in safe hands, but likely the improvement will not be dramatic since you do not have any obvious jaw issues.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 05:38:47 PM by Milli_Meters »

whatdo

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2017, 07:22:36 PM »
Pushing your lower jaw is not bsso. Also your surgical result will involve maxilla moved along with it which you can not simulate obviously.

Your chin does not look too pointy to me. Did Gunson suggest shaving?

If you are going through this with Gunson , you will be in safe hands, but likely the improvement will not be dramatic since you do not have any obvious jaw issues.

Jutting my jaw forward won't show somewhat of what projection I'll have? Gunson didn't say anything about the chin, I have a phone call with him tomorrow to go over some questions I had and my ortho had. My ortho specifically said I have a "button chin" and it would only be excessively projected with the surgery and might need shaving. Like it wouldn't look ideal, could be a focal point etc.

Honestly, the front profile just being slightly better (like when I make my teeth sit on top of another) or barely changes would be fine so long as the side profile gets noticeably better and my jaws finally look good.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get everything in place before going through with it.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2017, 07:47:14 PM »
It is fine. diligence is due before such a commitment. No jutting will not quite approximate the movements because your maxilla is static you are only jutting mandible , so mandible will be too forward in relation to maxilla.

Ask Gunson everything , chin etc... he is a better authority than ur Ortho on ur chin too so ask him about how the "button chin" will look post op and how to best address it. Idk , imho , I do not see a case for chin shaving.

whatdo

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2017, 08:46:38 PM »
It is fine. diligence is due before such a commitment. No jutting will not quite approximate the movements because your maxilla is static you are only jutting mandible , so mandible will be too forward in relation to maxilla.

Ask Gunson everything , chin etc... he is a better authority than ur Ortho on ur chin too so ask him about how the "button chin" will look post op and how to best address it. Idk , imho , I do not see a case for chin shaving.

Yeah, I'm gonna ask Gunson. I guess I might just be really stupid, but does that still not show how the lower jaw will potentially look from the front? Regardless of the maxilla? I guess maybe its looking too forward because the maxilla is out of relation

Milli_Meters

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2017, 09:00:09 PM »
well it depends. I guess it is not the stupidest thing one can do to envision the surgical outcome (Imagining Sean o'pry in the mirror beats it in that division). But for most cases I do not feel it even simulates the  Bsso properly , nevermind CCW , Maxilla movements etc. I do not feel you should base your decision on that but perhaps some jaw jutting experts will chime in.

I am curious what he says about your chin shaving though. Your chin just seems recessed in line with your jaws imo. I am a candidate for Chin shaving but my Chin is legit deformed.

See left in attachment.   I am wondering how much chin can be shaved and what it looks like at the bottom. Most people I know who had genioplasty had it for augmentation. Hope you will kindly share what Gunson says about Chin shaving.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 08:35:02 PM by Milli_Meters »

whatdo

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2017, 09:22:57 AM »
I'd give my left bollock to look like you. Seriously, you're a decent looking bloke. Get yourself in good shape, up your confidence, and enjoy life without having to worry about relapses, revisions, absorption, etc etc. If anything, get those ears trimmed or whatever the f**k they do to them. Or save yourself some cash, drill holes in the lobes and put those stretcher things in. While your at it, spend a couple grand to get covered in some nice tattoos, a few quid on a gym membership, and learn to be proud but not arrogant. If that doesn't bring you the ladies, you can pay for my Bimax, deal?

Man all the stuff about relapse, revisions, etc scare me. I really just want a good result + no issues but its too much too hope for with a surgery like this.