General Category > General Chat

Smiling vs. Repose

(1/2) > >>

x:
Can anyone explain why someone would look awful from profile view in repose, but pretty decent when grinning/smiling? Is it to do with muscle placement on the face or something?

CK:
well when i smile it makes my face appear shorter in the middle than it really is. which is a good thing

x:

--- Quote from: CK on May 22, 2013, 07:32:41 PM ---well when i smile it makes my face appear shorter in the middle than it really is. which is a good thing

--- End quote ---
that kind of happens with me too (and everyone I think)

but like in after surgery photos I see people saying "look I finally have cheeks!" and they're smiling from profile view. It looks pretty much exactly the same way I do now, but relaxed my face looks too flat. makes no sense

CK:

--- Quote from: Euphoria on May 22, 2013, 07:35:57 PM ---that kind of happens with me too (and everyone I think)

but like in after surgery photos I see people saying "look I finally have cheeks!" and they're smiling from profile view. It looks pretty much exactly the same way I do now, but relaxed my face looks too flat. makes no sense

--- End quote ---

not sure why someone would say that, it is unlikely jaw surgery would enhance "cheeks" if anything the exact opposite is more likely to occur. the profile can be deceiving, when people look at you it is more fluid, they dont just see one angle. so i wouldnt worry too much about the profile

CK:
doubt it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version