Author Topic: Can you be "too young" for invasive surgeries? Could a maxfac drop me for my age  (Read 828 times)

Millis

I'm scared that if a surgeon asks for my age and I tell him, he will tell me to go away... I really want osteotomies, I have researched them extensively, I have the funds...

Has this ever happened to anybody?

Lestat

How old are you? :o

ppsk

either you're legally an ADULT or otherwise you are a CHILD

those are the only two categories, and in most of the world, you're an adult at 18 years of age. If you're a child, you will need to be accompanied by an adult guardian and likely need verified permission from your guardian.

Lestat

He's 9  ;D

He is 9 years old but he has the funds! Lol.

Bobbit

I'm scared that if a surgeon asks for my age and I tell him, he will tell me to go away... I really want osteotomies, I have researched them extensively, I have the funds...

Has this ever happened to anybody?

A surgeon cannot operate on you without your parents' permission.   Period.  Parade Rest. 

But the more important reason is that (in the absence of some bizarre syndrome) your surgeon needs your bones to be mature and to have ceased to grow or be nearly mature,  before beginning to do osteotomies on your facial bones.

Millis

I'm over 18, thanks for the cringey non-funny and unhelpful responses you two  ;) ;) ;) ;)

To relevant replies: Would a surgeon like Dr. Z for example perform osteotomies on a 19-22 year old non-deformed patient? I doubt he would . I want to know from people with actual insight into this.

ppsk

I'm over 18, thanks for the cringey non-funny and unhelpful responses you two  ;) ;) ;) ;)

To relevant replies: Would a surgeon like Dr. Z for example perform osteotomies on a 19-22 year old non-deformed patient? I doubt he would . I want to know from people with actual insight into this.

YOU ARE LEGALLY AN ADULT

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELF

yes, they would do surgery on you if you pay for it.

Bobbit

So,  why did you ask the question,  if you are over 18 ?

In general, somewhere around 16 to 18 will normally be sufficient.   Many surgeons may want some x-rays to verify the maturity level of the bones.

How much have you grown in the last year ?   Any?   If your height is the same or close to the same today as it was a year ago,  then you are probably stable in bone growth.