Author Topic: Best implant material for paranasal augmentation?  (Read 1478 times)

dardok

Best implant material for paranasal augmentation?
« on: March 12, 2017, 05:54:30 PM »
So my paranasal area is very sunken in making my mouth prominent and overall I am not happy with my apperance.

I have been doing research for quite some time and it seems all the common implant materials are without there problems.

I am also concerned with infection, resorption, bone erosion and the long term stability of the implant.

I would like to hear the opinions of knowledgeable members on this topic.

Lefortitude

Re: Best implant material for paranasal augmentation?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 07:00:09 PM »
i like hydroxyapitite granules.  one of my surgeons has done tons on cleft palate patients.  its really good in that area because the periosteum creates scar tissue that forms a nice tight capsule to keep the granules from migrating.  they dont work for jaw implants for that reason.

CCW

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 07:18:49 PM »
i like hydroxyapitite granules.  one of my surgeons has done tons on cleft palate patients.  its really good in that area because the periosteum creates scar tissue that forms a nice tight capsule to keep the granules from migrating.  they dont work for jaw implants for that reason.
Does HA improve anterior projection? I thought it was only good for lateral projection.

Anyway OP, it sounds as though you have a recessed maxilla. How is your bite?

Lefortitude

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 07:26:47 PM »
https://www.realself.com/review/melbourne-au-cheek-augmentation-chubby-droopy-face-weak-facial-bones?offset=17#

a good example

im not entirely sure how much anterior projection can be added, but the practitioners claim it does the trick in certain areas.  just not on the jaw :(

dardok

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 07:53:28 PM »
https://www.realself.com/review/melbourne-au-cheek-augmentation-chubby-droopy-face-weak-facial-bones?offset=17#

a good example

im not entirely sure how much anterior projection can be added, but the practitioners claim it does the trick in certain areas.  just not on the jaw :(

This is insane man, and extremely similar to the problem I have

I am sold on HA paste now but I have to ask, do all surgeons work with this type of material? I know mendelson is a pioneer of this but I do not living in Australia and would prefer to do the surgery locally in Canada.

Lefortitude

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 08:53:06 PM »
we cant get HA granules in canada.  my surgeon has been trying for years, since he did an internship with brian medelson who pioneered the stuff.  if u really want a good job done, the only choice is to go where its done.

CCW

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 09:02:00 PM »

a good example

Did he pay $32,000 for that? :o

Milli_Meters

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 12:38:39 AM »
 Australian $ correct?  That is circa 20 k Usd I think.   

PloskoPlus

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 03:43:25 AM »
BM is full of s**t.

Lefortitude

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 11:17:53 AM »
BM is full of s**t.

can you elaborate plz?  ive met some surgeons who trained with him and have similar experiences with the HA coral for bone augmentation.

Lestat

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 01:58:34 PM »
BM is full of s**t.

Can you explain me please why?