Author Topic: Need help with aesthetics  (Read 605 times)

veryweakjaw

Need help with aesthetics
« on: March 20, 2017, 02:10:45 AM »
Hello everyone. I intend to get jaw surgery in the near future. The problem is that I don't quite understand what makes a jaw good looking. I can definitely tell if a jaw is aesthetic/attractive when I see it, but I can't really tell what makes it more aesthetic. I can't put my finger on those little things which separate an average looking jaw from a very good looking one.

So here is a picture which perfectly illustrates my problem and my question. The jaw/smile on the left is not deformed or anything, but its average at best, nothing special, while the jaw/smile on the right is very close to my aesthetic ideal: it looks full, strong, wide, good projection, its just a very aesthetic smile/jaw IMO(I could've posted a famous actor or something but I think this picture is better since there is an average jaw next to a good looking one and you can clearly tell me what's the difference between the two).

Now my question would be, could you guys tell me the structural/physical difference between these two jaws Why do I find the right one more pleasing? Is it because its bigger? How is it bigger: width, length, horizontal projection, slight prognathism, lider palates, or something else? I can't really name the things that make it more attractive to me, but if somebody with a lot more experience in jaw aesthetics could that would be more then welcome.

I am asking this question and I am asking these specific details because I intend to get jaw surgery in the near future like I said, and the jaw on the left is similar to mine(I think mine is even worse looking tbh) while the one on the right is pretty much a 'goal' jaw/smile for me, so if somebody can point out the differences between them that would help me in my quest for my dream smile.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 04:55:28 AM by veryweakjaw »