Author Topic: best procedures for aesthetics with this image  (Read 1778 times)

thefatguy

best procedures for aesthetics with this image
« on: March 26, 2017, 08:51:50 AM »

CCW or not ? bimax or only lower jaw advancement with sarpe +genioplasty  ?

slysurfz

• Private
Re: best procedures for aesthetics with this image
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 02:49:08 PM »
IMO CCW + BImax would be the way to go. Not sure about the genio in this case

thefatguy

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 03:53:52 PM »
isn't my chin recessed or its not worth the risk getting genio ?

slysurfz

• Private
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 05:38:08 PM »
I am not a surgeon or an expert of any sort so its just an observation but a large enough CCW might do the trick

ditterbo

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 06:00:24 PM »
we're all arm chair docs (save for some folks, who don't post much anymore, that have deep dived into medical journals etc). your chin bone looks very well defined, it's your jaw that's the problem. 

thefatguy

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 05:49:40 AM »
we're all arm chair docs (save for some folks, who don't post much anymore, that have deep dived into medical journals etc). your chin bone looks very well defined, it's your jaw that's the problem.

the thing is my maxillo facial doesn't recommend me CCW, he says my occlusal plane is not bad, and thus it's not worthg getting ccw and he wants only to do lower jaw surgery.... should i change the surgeon ?

the thing is my maxillo facial doesn't recommend me CCW, he says my occlusal plane is not bad, and thus it's not worthg getting ccw and he wants only to do lower jaw surgery.... should i change the surgeon ?

thanks so you think when advancing lower jaw the chin will come in place and will not look recessed ?

ditterbo

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 03:37:15 PM »
You maybe have room for a smaller CCW, like between 2-4mm give or take.   Your aesthetic problem is really just your small and sharply down angled jaw, right?  If you just want your chin to look more lined up in profile, you may as well just go with an SG or chin wing.  Straight advancement jaw surgery may make things worse for you.  Unfortunately there aren't many options at all to treat the mandibular plane angle, other than implants and a bunch of chin wings.

thefatguy

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 07:54:28 PM »
You maybe have room for a smaller CCW, like between 2-4mm give or take.   Your aesthetic problem is really just your small and sharply down angled jaw, right?  If you just want your chin to look more lined up in profile, you may as well just go with an SG or chin wing.  Straight advancement jaw surgery may make things worse for you.  Unfortunately there aren't many options at all to treat the mandibular plane angle, other than implants and a bunch of chin wings.

whoaaa that was helpful, i also thinked about getting only GS or chin wing and call it a day,  can you please elaborate how straight andvancing the jaw will make thing worse ? and is my gonial angle aka mandibular plane angle that bad ? i just measured my gonial angle and it's 127, how is that bad taking in consideration aesthethics

thank you
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 08:28:09 PM by thefatguy »

CCW

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 06:51:33 AM »
Your OP is going to look worse after proper decomp. A/G would definitely do CCW and probably no genio.

thefatguy

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 10:48:49 AM »
Your OP is going to look worse after proper decomp. A/G would definitely do CCW and probably no genio.

My oclu plane is going to look worse after decomp. Care to explain me what is "decomp". And for me bimax + CCW is enough right ? Sorry not a expert but know some basic stuff

Lefortitude

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 06:11:09 AM »
after your bite is decompensated with orthodontics.  CCW is right.  Perhaps consult with a more reputable surgeon and he will likely give you a solid ccw.  You could also just opt for like 3 chin wings or some jaw angle implants if ur lazy/crazy.

ExtractionsRuinFaces

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2017, 01:11:00 PM »

Occlusal plane gets worse after decompensating the bite? good lord that is exactly what i feared...god damnit.