Author Topic: Anyone had Jaw Surgery with Dr. Jordan Deschamps-Braly?  (Read 4952 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Anyone had Jaw Surgery with Dr. Jordan Deschamps-Braly?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2017, 10:11:54 PM »
On his website at http://deschamps-braly.com/facial-masculinization-surgery-fms/masculinizing-forehead-lengthening-and-augmentation/

"Forehead Augmentation surgery involves an incision either right at, or behind the hairline, depending on whether or not the hairline position needs to be changed. Although the exact procedure for each patient is different, most often the brow bone is osteotomized and reconstructed to be more masculinize, and the orbital bones are reshaped to reflect masculine characteristics."

He goes on to say he also uses cement to add more dramatic augmentation.

the orbital bones are reshaped? what the f**k does he mean by that??

Lefortitude

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2017, 11:03:53 AM »
From my understanding, he does specialize in turning girls into guys and guys into girls.  Its ALOT easier to turn a guy into a girl, because guys generally have MORE in terms of face bones, which need to be shaved down.  Shaving bone down is MUCH easier than building bone up. 

He uses his trusty burr to file down the brow ridge and gabella bossing in men who want to look like women.  This is relatively easy and effective at removing the male sexual dimorphism in the brow ridge. 

The other way around is alot more complicated.  The brow ridge of a man has more bulk AND projection than women.  To add projection he uses the osteotomy, which is stabilized with a combo of bone graft and substitute, while bulk is added with bone cement, likely a HA paste. HA paste is amazing in places like the brow ridge, because it forms a tight scar capsul which prevents migration of the granules, and promotes osseointegration.

OHjawz

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2017, 06:14:06 AM »
I'm not looking for any sort of feminization surgery.  I looked up Deschamps-Braly because my septum was thrown so far off after a septoplasty, all due to the upper jaw being placed wrong and rotated wrong.  I figured if he has a good reputation with jaw surgeries as well as other cranial surgeries then he would be a good option in my case.  Would anyone have any more examples or information a little more specific to a double jaw revision and septo/rhino revision from him?  Sorry if some of the info you guys have already posted deals a little with those but I feel like the convo is starting to shift more towards masculinization/feminization surgeries instead of jaws

Wraparoundshotgunimplant

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2017, 05:42:45 PM »
On his website at http://deschamps-braly.com/facial-masculinization-surgery-fms/masculinizing-forehead-lengthening-and-augmentation/

"Forehead Augmentation surgery involves an incision either right at, or behind the hairline, depending on whether or not the hairline position needs to be changed. Although the exact procedure for each patient is different, most often the brow bone is osteotomized and reconstructed to be more masculinize, and the orbital bones are reshaped to reflect masculine characteristics."

He goes on to say he also uses cement to add more dramatic augmentation.

I consulted with him. He very rarely changes women into men. His facial masculinization experience is very limited imo. He's also conservative when it doesn't concern transgender patients.