Author Topic: I Had Double Jaw Surgery 18 Months Ago, Still a Chance of Regaining Feeling?  (Read 1236 times)

justsomeguy_123

Hey everyone!

I am male and was 19 at the time of surgery. I am 20 years old now. The left half of my bottom lip is still lacking full feeling. When I touch the numb area I get a tingly, burning sensation. Is there any chance I could still regain full feeling in my bottom lip? Or is this basically it? It doesn't impact my daily life much at all, and most times I don't think about it. But sometimes, if I am dehydrated for example, it can feel kind of uncomfortable. It also kind of bums me out because I thought I had a good chance of recovering almost all feeling since I am still young.

I'd obviously be absolutely thrilled if I could get the feeling back in my bottom lip. I do also have numbness in areas of my chin and gums, but I don't notice that as much as my bottom lip.

It seems like I regained feeling fairly quickly for 4 months or so and then it has slowed down considerably.

I have full feeling in my upper lip and surrounding areas.

Also, it's a long shot, but is there anything I can do to "help" the nerves repair?

Not looking for miracles or fortune telling, just want to know if I am stuck like this or if the nerves might still be healing. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!! :D

Milli_Meters

It could come back. Though it was more likely in the first year of your recovery. Take some supplements that increase blood circulation. L arginine+Pycnagenol+Vit B complex could help.

jawpocalipse

one more reason why not to get jaw surgery.

UKMaxfac

one more reason why not to get jaw surgery.

No choice if you have functional issues and are ugly

Milli_Meters

Jaw surgery is godly. When it's warranted it blows any physically altering operation out of the water hands down. We are lucky to live in this time.

8)

slysurfz

• Private
try taking high does Vitamin B12 sublingually. I know one person who says he has managed to get all feeling back with it. Its worth a shot as there  is not much of a downside.

LyraM45

rule of thumb is what you've got at a year is just about what you'll have for the long haul. I've heard people say they continue to see a smidge of improvement after that if they're lucky, but for the most part what you see is what you've got by the point you're asking about.