Author Topic: role of forhead in facial balance  (Read 2486 times)

earl25

role of forhead in facial balance
« on: April 10, 2017, 11:37:52 AM »
I am wondering how much a role a  forhead really plays in facial balance. WHen I saw Dr. Kornstein for fat for my orbital rims and assymetry, he said he really felt the issue with my face is my forehead being recesed, slopedand assymetrical and  wanted to do full fat grafting to my forhead. He said besides for my forhead he felt i had a strong sculpted face. He said my forehead being recesed is what is causeing my entire face to still look recessed even after a lf3 ,bsso etc.
Until this year no one really commented on my forhead. I  have since saw Eppley and ramirez and they also said my forhead is the only major issue left. Ramirez didnt even want to do jaw implants and  orbital rims when i asked for it. When I saw him in 2010 he recomended big jaw implants and orbital rims.

SO im wondering maybe they are right, but forhead isnt really ever talked about besides for wrinkles

ppsk

Re: role of forhead in facial balance
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 01:09:03 PM »
its possible

why fat grafting on the forehead though? that seems absurd to me, the forehead is such a lean region of the face, even with obese people.

Would it be more sensible to get an implant there?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 01:37:19 PM »
yeah why fat grafting for the forehead wouldn't some sort of bone paste or HA make more sense?

David_D

• Private
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 03:18:57 PM »
I've thought about this question.  I think that forehead angulation can have an impact on how someone is perceived.  I think it has more to do with sex-distinguishment rather than "attractiveness," per se.  Also, I think that some attributes that might be clearly associated with the male sex may not be perceived as physically attractive.

I think the impact of forehead shape on attractiveness is something that is probably pretty case-specific.

It seems to me that implants should have a better impact than fat.  I could see fat being used to address moderate asymmetry or fill in a dent, or something like that.  I don't know that fat would be a good way to change the basic contour of the forehead.  Of course, implants are much more invasive.  I do wonder if silicone could be placed without the need for a very large incision.

earl25

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 03:28:52 PM »
yeah why fat grafting for the forehead wouldn't some sort of bone paste or HA make more sense?

I dont want an implant. I cant have a coronal incision.

Kornstein has a paper on forhead fat grafting. I spoke to one o f his male patients who said it came out amazing

earl25

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 03:32:10 PM »
I've thought about this question.  I think that forehead angulation can have an impact on how someone is perceived.  I think it has more to do with sex-distinguishment rather than "attractiveness," per se.  Also, I think that some attributes that might be clearly associated with the male sex may not be perceived as physically attractive.

I think the impact of forehead shape on attractiveness is something that is probably pretty case-specific.

It seems to me that implants should have a better impact than fat.  I could see fat being used to address moderate asymmetry or fill in a dent, or something like that.  I don't know that fat would be a good way to change the basic contour of the forehead.  Of course, implants are much more invasive.  I do wonder if silicone could be placed without the need for a very large incision.

ive seen eppley ,the implant requires a very big incision

ditterbo

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 06:23:51 PM »
I was offered partial forehead implants inserted via hairline incisions just above the eyebrows.

A strong, broad, masculine forehead is just as good as a strong jawline. And the forehead results I've seen consistently out-perform s**tty cheek and jaw implants. If only a full forehead implant could be placed without the need for a coronal incision entry point.

Yeah after jawjawbinks morphed me with a new forehead, I looked like a reeally different person from profile.  From meek to kind of athletic.

EDIT - well technically I think he added a brow ridge. 

Onyx

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 02:03:19 AM »
Yeah after jawjawbinks morphed me with a new forehead, I looked like a reeally different person from profile.  From meek to kind of athletic.

EDIT - well technically I think he added a brow ridge.
Makes sense, a surgeon told me that the brow shape is linked to an upper nasal cavity and most men have larger brows/ nasal cavites because they needed to hunt.

earl25

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 06:08:29 PM »
I was offered partial forehead implants inserted via hairline incisions just above the eyebrows.

A strong, broad, masculine forehead is just as good as a strong jawline. And the forehead results I've seen consistently out-perform s**tty cheek and jaw implants. If only a full forehead implant could be placed without the need for a coronal incision entry point.

im assuming the doc was eppley

earl25

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2017, 06:59:12 PM »
kornsteins paper

http://journals.lww.com/prsgo/Fulltext/2015/08000/Fat_Grafting_to_the_Forehead_Glabella_Radix.3.aspx

i think you should go for it. doesn't seem risky, just not sure how dramatic the improvements are, but i doubt it'll make anything worse.

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2017, 07:49:00 PM »
Earl, I'm assuming you'll be going for a combined forehead-supraorbital/brow implant?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2017, 08:06:28 PM »
i think you should go for it. doesn't seem risky, just not sure how dramatic the improvements are, but i doubt it'll make anything worse.
IMO fat grafts should only be used to replace fat lost, not as some kind of fake bone.