Surgeon Information > Surgeon Reviews and Leads

Anyone had Jaw Surgery with Dr. Jordan Deschamps-Braly?

<< < (5/5)

kavan:

--- Quote from: some1afterall on February 16, 2018, 10:32:04 AM ---kavan,

that's exactly right. I have talked to two offices who said they wouldn't take on chin reversal/revision alone, only complete jaw surgery revision. they don't want to put their hands on someone elses work unless they are going to completely make it their own.

I am reluctant to undergo another double jaw surgery for many reasons, including cost and further blunting of my roots from another round of orthodontics. I have made it through my first round of DJS with no root damage or residual numbness and I have to consider myself lucky in that affect.

The chin was done as a secondary surgery at my request as my profile was still rather long and flat after DJS. It did look MUCH BETTER after the BSSO, I should've left things as they were. I am kicking myself now. I'm consulting with Deschamps-Braly soon about a chin reversal/revision. I think for the right $$$ he is willing to do an isolated chin surgery.

--- End quote ---

Well, I'm usually right. You are too in this case to not get a total do over. There are probably maxfax docs who would do just the chin but the 'bigger' the name, the 'smaller' the likelihood. Options open for other PSs who have some cranio background to do just the chin also.   

some1afterall:
Hi Jawsurgery forum goers - I had my consult with DSB and wanted to report back. Very professional and upscale office. Lots of imaging beforehand, X-rays from multiple views + CT + digital impressions. His recommendation is a genioplasty revision and while he's in there why not remove my BSSO hardware and smooth over some bone spurs.

His plan included removing 10mm vertical height + tapering the sides to create a more feminine, less boxy appearing chin. I think this is "V" line genioplasty? A "T" shaped piece of bone is removed then secured with plates. He recommended adding 2mm more of forward projection (currently it's 4mm so it would be 6mm).

Open to any comments from y'all....

Perlkrys:
The only before and afters I've seen of his are gender reassignment feminization procedures, but they all looked AWESOME. Would you be willing to PM me the quote they gave you for a revision (including hospital fees, yada yada)?

GJ:

--- Quote from: some1afterall on February 26, 2018, 07:29:25 PM ---upscale office.

--- End quote ---

Just an FYI: this means nothing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version