Author Topic: Seeing Gunson next week. But still have NO clue on jaw vs nose job  (Read 724 times)

whatdo

I am seeing Dr. Gunson. Right now my braces are on but my orthodontist said its fixable without surgery, but did say I had a recessed lower jaw. I wanted to increase my aesthetics and thus seeing Gunson just made sense.

But I've been debating for so long as to whether or not I can just get 'away' with a nose job. My nose is heavily overprojected and curved. I have seen amazing results with just rhinoplasty and they make the jaw 'appear' less recessed.

My jaw does look recessed from the side. I am very nervous if I do undergo the procedure if I will have a weird looking front view as it looks kinda off when I jut my jaw forward. Like the face just looks weird, too much forward projection definitely doesn't look good imo. Leaves a very weird look.

Is Gunson going to be able to be straight up and tell me if from a purely aesthetic standpoint if I can benefit from just the rhinoplasty alone? Should I go see a plastic surgeon as well to see what rhinoplasty can do?

I'm just so confused. It is my face and ultimately my choice but I want to make the right call.

Also, what should I be asking Gunson? What should I make clear?

The Quest for Aesthetics

Re: Seeing Gunson next week. But still have NO clue on jaw vs nose job
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 05:59:25 PM »
Usually the best results come from a combination of jaw surgery and rhino. Obviously it completely depends on the case.