Author Topic: Are there literally 3 surgeons on this planet who do chin wings?  (Read 2030 times)

Lefortitude

Something smells fishy to me.  This procedure would be in HUGE demand in places like Hollywood, Broadway, etc.  The procedure has been documented for a decade, yet for some reason, that i can not understand, only 3 surgeons in this world will do it.  WHY IS THIS THE CASE?

We all understand cosmetic surgery is a money making business.  Why is this procedure not lucerative to capitalist north american surgeons? Why is it not performed in france or italy or the UK? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS

The Quest for Aesthetics

Re: Are there literally 3 surgeons on this planet who do chin wings?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 04:35:21 PM »
Because 99% of people are more than happy with custom jaw implants

Lefortitude

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 05:31:01 PM »
Do you think thats warrented? Imho 90% of them look terrible

Lefortitude

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 06:25:24 PM »
Eppley claims chin wing just dosnt work for a jawline effect  http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/chin-wing

The pictures i have seen disagree, however it eppleys analysis is consistent with results like greyandblues.  Good for the chin, bad for the jaw line.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 06:28:08 PM »
I know less "famous" European surgeons are performing the wing.

Millis

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 10:12:52 PM »
Well it's a relatively new procedure which was only 'discovered' (is that the right word?) in 2009. So while within Europe there are new a few offering it, I imagine it'll take quite some time before it becomes more common in other parts of the globe. Another possible limitation might be that many view Maxfac as a purely functional form of surgery, whereas Chin Wing Osteotomie deals solely with aesthetics.

ppsk

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 10:15:09 PM »
Dr Kretschmer and Dr Kater do it AFAIK

Its not like people here have asked every possible maxfac in germany or switzerland.

ismic

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 12:03:14 AM »
There are lots of surgeons in doing the Chin Wing, in Europe at least. But they're not as famous as Triaca or Zarrinbal, so you probably never heard of them. I was at a consultation with Triaca and he spent like one third of the time bragging about this procedure and how he's always at conferences or workshops teaching other surgeons how to do the surgery. He even showed me an ad he placed in a French medical journal, for like 1000€ you could hire him to teach you how to perform a Chin Wing. He also told me there was at least one surgeon doing in South America, but he doesn't fill the gap with bone from the hip, which Triaca says is a bad idea. Anyway, the procedure is quite new, and it takes time for surgeons to get enough training and get comfortable with the whole thing, but it's slowly coming.