Author Topic: How the hell can I fix this face? (video in motion)  (Read 2084 times)

dehydrated

Re: How the hell can I fix this face? (video in motion)
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2017, 11:45:59 PM »
Well that's a painful verdict. I guess in the end we all just have different opinions on aesthetics, and more importantly we all obsess over different aspects of the face. Seems maybe the majority of posters here want/need jaw surgery to correct angle/projection etc. Just because I want jaw surgery for a different reason, I don't deserve hate. f**k you Lazlo, you condescending prick. There are so many guys who posted on this forum, who I think looks much, much better than me, yet they never received such comments. I guess many of you ignore length/width ratio because you don't have this problem. Just because my chin is not very recessed, doesn't mean I'm good looking.

Two final questions though:

Could a LF1 shorten the midface vertically? And in that case how much? Bringing the maxilla forward only gives the illusion of a shorter midface, do I understand it correctly?

And could 1 or more chinwings widen the mandibular body without adressing the mental chin part?

CCW

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2017, 12:06:03 AM »
No, your nose is the midface. Impaction is used to correct a gummy smile, i.e. VME. The midface cannot be shortened.

CCW

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2017, 12:09:15 AM »
You have equal vertical facial thirds and no dentofacial deformity. Jaw surgery is not for you.

dehydrated

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2017, 01:13:43 AM »
Okay, I will put it to rest. Thanks for real answers:)

PloskoPlus

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2017, 04:48:23 AM »
Okay, I will put it to rest. Thanks for real answers:)
If you have to "do something", see an oculoplastic surgeon (the best one, or do nothing at all) to slightly raise the outer canthi of your eyes.  It's the only "flaw" that I can see.

ExtractionsRuinFaces

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2017, 05:43:29 AM »
I didn't see the video but judging from the pic you are easily above average looking. Bones look more protruded than average and features are decent. Skull size isn't particularly important and judging by the picture yours looks to be within normal ranges (small heads are usually noticeable even in selfies). You have BDD and need help.

ExtractionsRuinFaces

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2017, 05:36:49 AM »
I know a person who had an over all hypoplastic face who managed to get normalish dimensions via osteotomies + implants.  I am assuming you say nothing can be done in this case because the OP's features are already ok? The person I know had bad shapes/recession along with being small so I guess surgical interventions were warranted.

Which dimensions were increased?

Milli_Meters

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2017, 06:20:12 AM »
Jaws with bimax and back of head by cranioplasty. Looks normalish now.

His starting point was somewhat like before in the attachment.

[attachment deleted by admin]