Author Topic: Cool video about tissue engineering TRUE FORCE TRANSFORMATION!!!!  (Read 1647 times)

Lazlo

• Private

slysurfz

• Private
This is very reassuring, thank you for posting Lazlo

Few days back I met a salesperson for stem cells at a New York Bar and she gave me a few Plastic and Maxfax surgeons who are using stem cells for regenerative therapy.So I asked her if Dr. Sachs uses it, the information she returned from her associate was negative.

She went on to give me 2 names of surgeons who use stem cell regenerative therapy Dr Alessi in Westchester and Dr Buchbinder in new york city. Now thats all I know at the moment. I haven't reached out to these docs to confirm it.

As for the process of her company they harvest stem cells from the bone marrow of the illiac crest and this is the latest in regenerative therapy. However, in most jaw surgeries bones grow back but the nerves don't grow back I wish they would port it to nerve regeneration.

Lazlo

• Private
This is very reassuring, thank you for posting Lazlo

Few days back I met a salesperson for stem cells at a New York Bar and she gave me a few Plastic and Maxfax surgeons who are using stem cells for regenerative therapy.So I asked her if Dr. Sachs uses it, the information she returned from her associate was negative.

She went on to give me 2 names of surgeons who use stem cell regenerative therapy Dr Alessi in Westchester and Dr Buchbinder in new york city. Now thats all I know at the moment. I haven't reached out to these docs to confirm it.

As for the process of her company they harvest stem cells from the bone marrow of the illiac crest and this is the latest in regenerative therapy. However, in most jaw surgeries bones grow back but the nerves don't grow back I wish they would port it to nerve regeneration.

Cool info! I think its going to take some time --I don't think we'll get there till about 2030. But it's not like we'll ever not care how we look --that's still hope.

slysurfz

• Private
Why 2030?

Its being used as of today.

The Docs that lady told me are using it today.

I just found these guys in Florida have already integrated in their surgery
http://www.blumnico.com/our-blog/stem-cells-in-oral-surgery/

Maybe you meant in the way that it being used by all docs across the board yes I agree its going to be 2030

Lazlo

• Private
Why 2030?

Maybe you meant in the way that it being used by all docs across the board yes I agree its going to be 2030

No unfortunately you're wrong, or perhaps we're misunderstanding one another. "Stem cell therapy" can mean anything. It may be used today in the form of an injection to help healing after regular jaw surgery. But its definitely not being used in the sense of seeding a polymer hydrogel cast with stem cells that grow into the patient's own bone. That technology is at least 10 years away. What I'm talkking about is implants made of the patient's own bones by growing the patient's stem cells. That's not ehre by a long-shot.

PloskoPlus

Why 2030?

IMO there's a lot of stem cell snake oil out there.

Lazlo

• Private
IMO there's a lot of stem cell snake oil out there.

oh yeah anyone who says they're using stem cell to do anything substantive is full of s**t at this point --i mean doctors, not research. I'm sure there's a lab somewhere where technically they could possibly grow a jaw bone. It's just financially unviable and would take too long.