Author Topic: This looks like a meh potential result  (Read 5352 times)

PloskoPlus

Re: This looks like a meh potential result
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2017, 04:34:20 PM »
You have a vertical lip. It's an uglier feature than many realise and compensatory orthodontics make it only worse (convex). Only CCW rotation can fix it (albeit there is no guarantee). IMO, you needlessly obsess over your nose. There's is nothing wrong with a high bridge. It's masculine and beats scooped out noses that are often the result of rhinoplasties. Also a nose made straight can end up looking longer.

whatdo

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2017, 03:01:35 PM »
You got the same hangups as me but you haven't even factored in that Gunson's result may have more advancement than most other docs typically offer, due to the use of his HA block for more rotation. AND also with that morph, i'd be thinking "is this a 100 grand improvement, and worth a year long s**tty recovery"?  When I get my morph from Gunson I'll probably be in the same boat as you.

Is Gunson going to be your go to if you decide to do it? The recovery part is s**tty but what worries me most is the side effects/potential relapses, etc that happen. I don't want to have to have another bimax or stuff again. Plus the soft tissue changes are kinda unknown.

Morphed your image so you can see what a sliding genioplasty, rhinoplasty, and ear correction could potentially look like compared to the jaw surgery image as you mentioned you thought you could get a similar result. Maybe it'll help in regards to seeing what the changes could look like side by side.

Thanks!

I guess that genio really does amplify the labiomental fold. Doesn't look nearly as good...damn

You have a vertical lip. It's an uglier feature than many realise and compensatory orthodontics make it only worse (convex). Only CCW rotation can fix it (albeit there is no guarantee). IMO, you needlessly obsess over your nose. There's is nothing wrong with a high bridge. It's masculine and beats scooped out noses that are often the result of rhinoplasties. Also a nose made straight can end up looking longer.

The nose overprojects and the dorsal hump is not aesthetically pleasing at all imo. Like even from the front, it affects how I look. Plus jaw surgery could widen it at the base, right? Making it look even worse.

I do agree about the vertical lip though. But its just a difficult decision to make with all the potential "issues" that can occur. It would be a much easier decision if there was significant deformity or functional issues.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 06:37:38 PM by whatdo »

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2017, 05:15:40 PM »
yeah doing this surgery for you is a really dumb idea. if you need a rhino fine, but the jaw result looks pointless (as in you don't need it).

whatdo

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2017, 07:29:02 AM »
yeah doing this surgery for you is a really dumb idea. if you need a rhino fine, but the jaw result looks pointless (as in you don't need it).

Damn it.
You think even from a cosmetic view it looks pointless?

There's just too many unknowns that make it a difficult choice. Maybe I should reconsider the idea of a chin wing and research that more.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 07:47:53 AM by whatdo »

PloskoPlus

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2017, 06:02:53 PM »
Damn it.
You think even from a cosmetic view it looks pointless?

There's just too many unknowns that make it a difficult choice. Maybe I should reconsider the idea of a chin wing and research that more.
Chin wings seem to be like rhinoplasties.  Plan for one, but be prepared to have 2.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2017, 06:52:23 PM »
Chin wings seem to be like rhinoplasties.  Plan for one, but be prepared to have 2.

The Yoda of JSF.

OP , You should really look into CW before going the bimax route.

whatdo

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2017, 06:57:54 PM »

Is this due to the asymmetry I read about?

The Yoda of JSF.

OP , You should really look into CW before going the bimax route.

I sent an email to Zarrinbal and was thinking to send one to Triaca, but apparently they are hard to get ahold of for someone in the states?

Milli_Meters

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2017, 07:07:13 PM »
Is this due to the asymmetry I read about?

Yeah asymmetry might need correction but mostly 2 CWs rather than one  give the kinda augmentation that most want.

I sent an email to Zarrinbal and was thinking to send one to Triaca, but apparently they are hard to get ahold of for someone in the states?

No one in the states.

whatdo

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2017, 07:25:29 PM »
No one in the states.

I meant it's tough for anyone in the states to get ahold of them, not that anyone did a chin wing.

Sorry, my wording was bad

Milli_Meters

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2017, 07:38:20 PM »
Np. I misread.

You just have to keep trying from time to time. They have considerably less waiting time than AnG though , so once they give u a date u better be prepared to travel within a month or 2.