Before/After Photos > Underbites

DJS + Genio results Australia

(1/3) > >>

petebite:
Hi all,

I have been on this forum for a few years and finally had surgery last October here in Sydney. I did quite a lot of research and reading through this forum as well as textbooks and journals and felt quite prepared. I will say straight up - if you don't need this surgery (or any surgery), don't get it. There are so many points of failure, so many anxieties and uncertainties that in most cases I honestly do not think it is worth the cost or effort. I say this as someone who I think had a pretty good result. If I experienced any real complications I would be devastated.

My procedure was fairly straightforward, ~5mm lefort one and corresponding bsso setback to fix asymmetry as well as a genio to address chin asymmetry. I usually have a beard and only shaved for the surgery (see before photo), the after photo is seven months post-op, just days after debanding. I think my surgeon and ortho addressed the asymmetry extremely well, honestly much better than I could have really expected. I would still advise anyone to grow a beard if they can and just cope with it :)

I have a little numbness in my lower left lip and a few other areas feel slightly different but it's not a huge worry. It was surprising how much my braces were making the altered sensation worse - teeth are much smoother and don't disturb it as much.

The surgeon who operated on me is not currently working, and won't be for at least 12-18 months I believe, so I will leave their name off this forum. If you want details you can PM me.

[attachment deleted by admin]

petebite:

--- Quote from: jawjawbinks on May 18, 2017, 11:02:45 PM ---Interested to know what you were worried about?

--- End quote ---

Permanent numbness, worse aesthetic result, infections, general anaesthetic, tooth decay, going broke, possibility of revision etc. I am fairly risk-averse in general so others might be more chill with it.

Milli_Meters:

--- Quote from: petebite on May 18, 2017, 11:06:33 PM ---Permanent numbness, worse aesthetic result, infections, general anaesthetic, tooth decay, going broke, possibility of revision etc. I am fairly risk-averse in general so others might be more chill with it.

--- End quote ---

Well congrats u look great. How old are you if u do not mind answering?

petebite:

--- Quote from: Milli_Meters on May 19, 2017, 02:53:34 AM ---Well congrats u look great. How old are you if u do not mind answering?

--- End quote ---

Cheers! I just turned 30 a week ago

Milli_Meters:

--- Quote from: petebite on May 19, 2017, 04:16:56 AM ---Cheers! I just turned 30 a week ago

--- End quote ---

Cheers! A quick follow up - do you recall during what stage(like which months) most sensation started returning ?

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version