Author Topic: EMA401-New drug treatment against nerve pain!  (Read 1076 times)

Lestat

EMA401-New drug treatment against nerve pain!
« on: May 19, 2017, 10:59:49 AM »
Seems very promising!

http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/newsandeventspggrp/imperialcollege/newssummary/news_5-2-2014-12-24-59

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DPoW3EougM

-"EMA401 is more effective and has virtually no central nervous system side effects in comparison to current drugs for pain relief, such as Neurotin and Lyrica."

-UQ Vice-Chancellor and President Professor Peter Høj said Professor Smith was a “scientific superstar”.
“As the inventor of the new EMA401 oral drug for chronic pain, Maree is at the cutting edge of pain research,” he said.
International EMA401 phase 3 clinical trials are due to start soon.
“Her drug discovery was the basis last year for Australia’s largest-ever biotech deal, and it is likely to change the lives of millions of people worldwide who live with chronic pain.”

-Pharmaceutical giant Novartis International AG bought Professor Smith’s technology in June last year in a $A260 million upfront cash deal.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 11:40:12 AM by Lestat »

Lazlo

• Private
Re: EMA401-New drug treatment against nerve pain!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 01:40:40 PM »
Unfortunately I don't think the neuropathy you have as a side effect of jaw surgery (i.e. a damaged or inflammed nerve) can benefit from these drugs. What we have is altered sensations not "pain". I take UNGODLY amounts of Lyrica as it is for anxiety before, during and after surgery and it did nothing for my nerve sensation.

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 09:17:09 AM »
Unfortunately I don't think the neuropathy you have as a side effect of jaw surgery (i.e. a damaged or inflammed nerve) can benefit from these drugs. What we have is altered sensations not "pain". I take UNGODLY amounts of Lyrica as it is for anxiety before, during and after surgery and it did nothing for my nerve sensation.

Did it do anything for your anexiety?  I stopped taking my Paxil a while ago and my anexiety is through the roof!
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 12:40:21 PM »
Did it do anything for your anexiety?  I stopped taking my Paxil a while ago and my anexiety is through the roof!

Yes it does help with anxiety.