Author Topic: Chin wing gonial angles + jutting forward  (Read 4477 times)

ismic

Re: Chin wing gonial angles + jutting forward
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 02:43:57 AM »
If you don't mind, would you please update us all on how your chin wing goes and the results? extremely interested in hearing.
Interesting though, so if you had more defined / less loose skin where your jaws are, would it potentially look wider as is? Or is it the actual positioning of the lower jaw forward that makes it look wider?

Yes, I plan on writing a report when it's over and I'm healed enough to judge the result (in a couple of weeks).

It's mainly the moving forward of the jaw that makes it look wider. But in general, a more defined jaw almost always looks better, regardless of its width.

ismic

Re: Chin wing gonial angles + jutting forward
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 01:51:39 PM »
Swelling is going to distort the real result for at least 6 months though so wait before you judge the end result. I think it was Grey that was happy early op and longer post op said he saw little change in his jaw angles, and I've read a similar account on another forum. Osteotomies can cause longterm swelling. I saw a study in which they could show with MRI's that at 1 year post-op there was still swelling after jaw surgery.

That's right, the doctor told me to wait 6 months before praising him or getting mad at him. But I've been sitting on this for too long, so I'm getting it done now and we'll see for sure in 6 months. If the jaw angles turn out disappointing, at least I'll have moved my chin forward, which is in my case much more important (I look decent from the front, but very bad from the side)