Author Topic: modified mouth guard with pics  (Read 817 times)

Ben30

modified mouth guard with pics
« on: May 26, 2017, 02:29:05 PM »
I've been distressed over my surgical results since 2013. lately i've been trying ways to restore comfort and asthetics until im ready to proceed with a revision.

I just want to share a few photos with you all. I bought a sports mouth guard and modified it to allow my molars to rest together whilst having no pressure on my front teeth. I find it very relaxing as without the guard my mandible has no comfortable resting position and it causes trauma to my teeth and major anxiety.

As you can see I look really good! well i think so. the guard restores the vertical dimension, adding 4mm of bite height measured at the first molars. The guard also provides good lip support, there is about 4mm of guard in front of my upper front teeth. The guard also supports my lower lip as my lower incisors are retroclined. I'm thinking I will have a more permanent guard made.

Had I not had extractions retractive orthodontics as a young teen and terible surgery in my late 20s, I think wearing the guard is probably a good indication of how I would have looked now.

There are also a few photos of the modified mouth guard.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 05:00:53 PM by Ben30 »

Ben30

Re: modified mouth guard
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 02:37:35 PM »
modified Mouth guard

Ben30

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 02:41:08 PM »
Wearing no guard

Ben30

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 04:37:36 PM »
Thanks im very happy with my profile with guard in place. I bet id have a nice smile if that was actually my teeth supporting the lip.
The potrait pic isn't the best as im tilting my head and also the lighting is not flattering it also shows asymmetry, my lips also look just a little full but nonetheless im happy with it.

Regarding your question about my chin. It is a little pointy even with guard in. I like a chin that isn't prominent in the face but still well foward withe the lower teeth providing full support so that there is very little dent below the lip. In my case i don't think my proportions can carry a chin like that as the maxilla needs to be well developed from the factory!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 10:47:52 PM by Ben30 »

Milli_Meters

Re: modified mouth guard with pics
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 05:02:21 PM »
Was your surgeon a Big name here?

Ben30

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 05:04:12 PM »
Hey, no just your run of the mill generic pleb who has no business doing jaw correction surgeries.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 05:11:07 PM »
oh.

I am sorry you had a bad experience.

Thanks for the answer.