Author Topic: Does Zarrinbal execute Infraorbital rim implants ?  (Read 3840 times)

Bowie

Re: Does Zarrinbal execute Infraorbital rim implants ?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 11:53:15 AM »
Yeah his surgeon has less than stellar reputation on this forum.
Ah Sailer? Yeah I know when someone brought up the fact that cartilage resorbs he got angry, not saying it's a bad material or that it will all resorb, maybe something like 20 - 30 % but it depends on the individual and their lifestyle.

Bowie

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 12:12:42 PM »
I know the company that actually supply lyophilized cartilage in Europe, it is called "Tutoplast", so any surgeon you find willing to use it, you can tell them where to order it.

Lefortitude

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 02:41:06 PM »
Id love to get a giant pile of dead person cartilage and have it all surgically put into my mug

Bowie

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 02:58:26 PM »
Id love to get a giant pile of dead person cartilage and have it all surgically put into my mug
Lol! Most people find it damn weird to use cadaver cartilage, personally I would prefer it to plastic (medpor and silicone are composed of plastics).
The Australian surgeon I mentioned can use the patients own rib cartilage or hip bone but would that provide enough augmentation?

He charges 20,000 AU dollars or pounds, sorry can't remember, for autologous cheekbone implants, is that a fair price?

someone

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2017, 06:37:12 PM »
i dont understand why one would waste money on infraorbital rim implants when lefort 1 seems to disguise them pretty well, unless ur female theres no point in getting them cause every male i see has some sort of deficiency but then again im from england

PloskoPlus

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 06:54:41 PM »
Oh sorry, I was referring to the onlay for the maxilla you mentioned. Would it essentially create that "curved" lip look people get after Lefort 1?
I don't see how. It would only fill out the paranasal area. The curved upper lip is due to the angulation of the nasal base and upper teeth. Because of your compensation, your upper teeth are tilted back, hence the convex lip.

Lefortitude

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 09:14:31 PM »
Lol! Most people find it damn weird to use cadaver cartilage, personally I would prefer it to plastic (medpor and silicone are composed of plastics).
The Australian surgeon I mentioned can use the patients own rib cartilage or hip bone but would that provide enough augmentation?

He charges 20,000 AU dollars or pounds, sorry can't remember, for autologous cheekbone implants, is that a fair price?

HOLY TITTIES THATS OUTRAGEOUSLY EXPENSIVE.  like sailer level expensive. 

i would actually have no issue having dead person cartilage or bone in my face.  problem is, they CAN get infected, since the DNA dosnt match yours, theres a chance the body will consider it a foreign substance and try and fight it off.  IMO it beats having a chunk of your hip or rib removed.  Problem is, with osteotomies, when theres an infection, its not as simple as removing an implant.

Bowie

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2017, 01:34:37 AM »
HOLY TITTIES THATS OUTRAGEOUSLY EXPENSIVE.  like sailer level expensive. 

i would actually have no issue having dead person cartilage or bone in my face.  problem is, they CAN get infected, since the DNA dosnt match yours, theres a chance the body will consider it a foreign substance and try and fight it off.  IMO it beats having a chunk of your hip or rib removed.  Problem is, with osteotomies, when theres an infection, its not as simple as removing an implant.
I thought it seemed very expensive but didn't know what price to compare it to, I would compare it to cheekbone osteotomy but don't know the price of that.
His name is Professor David David, he looks pretty famous.

Yeah although the infection rate is meant to be low it can still get infected.