Author Topic: Infraorbital implants, filler, lower eyelid raising  (Read 1663 times)

Jilkster

Infraorbital implants, filler, lower eyelid raising
« on: July 10, 2017, 10:17:05 AM »
Hey,
I'd like to raise my lower eyelids in resting position. Ideally I wouldn't pursue surgery. I have somewhat weakly projecting infraorbital rims, and from what I've seen implants there can raise the lower eyelid/improve support somewhat. Anyone have an idea to what extent this applies to filler, and what filler is ideally used to achieve this effect(if possible), and injected where?

Thanks.

Lefortitude

Re: Infraorbital implants, filler, lower eyelid raising
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 11:48:43 AM »
u can use a restalyn or juvaderm product under the eyes.  results are pretty good, but if you have good periorbital tissue, an infraorbital rim implant is the best bet. 

Jilkster

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 11:55:04 AM »
u can use a restalyn or juvaderm product under the eyes.  results are pretty good, but if you have good periorbital tissue, an infraorbital rim implant is the best bet.

You think a filler like that can actually raise the lower eyelid? I had some filler there before and didn't see a substantial change in that regard, but the amount may have been too small.

Lefortitude

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 11:59:00 AM »
its a case where filling out the infraorbital complex gives the illusion of a lower eyelid lift.  9/10 times in this case i recommend an infraobital rim implant

Jilkster

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 01:53:18 PM »
its a case where filling out the infraorbital complex gives the illusion of a lower eyelid lift.  9/10 times in this case i recommend an infraobital rim implant

Not willing to go for that now though, getting filler in 2 days. Do you think it can work almost as well? Would I just ask for tear trough filler? Would a harder filler like radiesse work better than for instance juvederm?

David_D

• Private
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 06:49:47 PM »
Not willing to go for that now though, getting filler in 2 days. Do you think it can work almost as well? Would I just ask for tear trough filler? Would a harder filler like radiesse work better than for instance juvederm?

Personally, I don't think that hyalauronic avid filler in my year trough did anything to raise the lower eyelids. Canthopexy also didn't do that for me. I don't know about Radiesse as I haven't had it. I think a hard implant would work best for me at least.

Lefortitude

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 07:11:58 PM »
You CAN NOT have calcium hydroxyapitite fillers in your tear trough or under your eye.  Stay away from anyone who will do that. 

You wont get AS GOOD of a result from fillers as you would from an implant, but it can be very close.  Id recommend having it done once or twice to make sure you like the change, and then opt for a permanent solution.  Fillers become MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE than an implant over time.  But i guess if youre still living in mexico, fillers are cheap down there, even with a skilled surgeon doing the injecting