General Category > General Chat

Polarityte Inc / BioTech Discussion

(1/5) > >>

GJ:
This thread was split from the regenerative medicine thread, because it began to go off topic. Here's the original post:

--- Quote from: jusken on October 05, 2017, 07:24:08 PM ---I'm fairly pumped about this company (PolarityTE), who just got registered/approved by the FDA for their skinTE technology.  Basically they have proven total scarless skin regeneration  (all layers + hair).  They will be starting trials on more extreme cases by the end of the year.  Their roadmap also includes nerve/capillary/fat/bone regeneration in the coming years.

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/10/03/1140038/0/en/PolarityTE-Announces-FDA-Registration-of-Lead-Product-SkinTE.html

Biotech is growing fast lately!
--- End quote ---

I looked up that company on the Nasdaq, and they lose $26 per share. o.O

jusken:

--- Quote from: GJ on October 05, 2017, 08:25:38 PM ---I looked up that company on the Nasdaq, and they lose $26 per share. o.O

--- End quote ---

My knowledge on investments is extremely poor, but i'm still invested in hope!  Given that they have no commercial products yet, could that be why?

The science looked good on their animal models though... I've been seeing their name come up a few times in the last few months.

Lazlo:

--- Quote from: GJ on October 05, 2017, 08:25:38 PM ---I looked up that company on the Nasdaq, and they lose $26 per share. o.O

--- End quote ---

What does lose 26 dollars per share mean?

kavan:

--- End quote ---

I noticed 4 things:

1: [Poor general medical condition or any pathology that would limit the blood supply and compromise healing, as well as nonvascular surgical sites, should be considered when selecting patients for SkinTE™, as such conditions may compromise successful outcomes or lead to sub-optimal results.]

Non or slow healing wounds are most problematic in people with medical conditions that limit blood supply. Hence a real 'breakthrough' would be something that helps the patients WITH conditions that limit good wound healing.

2:[ If clinically successful, the PolarityTE™ platform will provide medical professionals with a truly new paradigm in wound healing and reconstructive surgery by utilizing a patient's own tissue substrates for the regeneration of skin, bone, muscle, cartilage, fat, blood vessels and nerves.]

With statement; 'IF clinically successful...', that seems to imply at this point in time, it has not demonstrated as such.

3:[But on December 1st of 2016, Lough and Swanson were catapulted instantaneously from coveted Plastic Surgery resident positions to the CEO and COO of Majesco Entertainment Co. (Nasdaq:COOL) in hopes that a merger between a 31-year-old failing gaming company and their own revolutionary technology would provide the field of medicine with the ability to regenerate new tissue — skin, bone, muscle, etc. Lough and Swanson are taking a huge gamble because the culture in the medical community is that you don’t leave to try a start-up and then come back if it doesn’t work.  Indeed, in 92% of the last 100 life science start-ups to go public, the MD inventor of the flagship product didn’t work for the company....ref= https://www.forbes.com/sites/innovatorsdna/2017/08/08/polarityte-will-this-biotech-be-the-next-amazon-or-tesla/#38b4ee40363a ]

WHAT???? merging a failing gaming ENTERTAINMENT company with medical technology???

4: [Institutions that own COOL; 'Cambridge Investment Advisors'] seem to own the MOST shares.

However, this 'Cambridge' is located somewhere near a corn field in Iowa and NOT where the cutting edge scientific institutions, (MIT, Harvard, MGH) with leaders in tissue regeneration.

I guess the OBVIOUS about this 'breakthrough' is the 'info' is written for the investor and not the scientist. IDK. Can't claim to have read in total everything about this 'breakthrough'. BUT it does look like they are using STEM CELLS which researchers already know will help in wound healing and regeneration.

GJ:

--- Quote from: Lazlo on October 05, 2017, 10:45:45 PM ---
What does lose 26 dollars per share mean?

--- End quote ---

It means for every share of stock they have issued, they have lost $26 per those shares.
Look here: https://finance.google.com/finance?q=cool&ei=u_bWWcDtGoi_jAGZ-KCIAg

EPS: -26.30. They've issued 6.23million shares, which if you multiply that means they are losing a lot of money and are essentially worth zero by all traditional metrics. Many times speculators will keep the stocks from being zero, because if a drug is approved bioTechs can sore, or other times the company will buy back their own shares to keep a floor under the price.

The company's chart shows they've been around since 2001 at least. Stock was once $500, now it's $27 with negative earnings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version