General Category > Emotional Support

Regret double jaw surgery and genie for open bite and retrognathia

<< < (10/11) > >>

some1afterall:
I’m not bothered  by the photo morphing if anyone cares.

And btw, my chin is quite boxy from frontal view when looking straight on.

I don’t know... I’m going to wait until I get Gunson’s Opinion.

I’m not terribly bothered by my appearance, I wish the aesthetic results were better, but I’m starting to accept it. I don’t want to drop >20k and go through another surgery unless it will make a huge improvement.

some1afterall:
Here is the type of osteotomy that’s been proposed. You can choose how narrow or wide of a strip you take out.

kavan:

--- Quote from: jusken on March 15, 2018, 05:58:01 PM ---I see your points, and I did consider this a risk before doing the morph.  To show someone an 'ideal' outcome that isn't currently attainable is frustrating.  But, look at the flip side:  to understand the problem is also to not make the mistake of looking for problems where there aren't any (or are minimal).  This was my goal here and I can see why there'd be a bit of backlash.  I am disheartened by people who undergo surgeries that were unnecessary.

This is a jaw surgery forum, and I have gotten jaw surgery and been through all that.  I am noticing a pattern between the OP's case and my own, where I started looking into additional procedures that would help - and almost went through with it.  In retrospect, I think I made the right choice.  I am trying to pass on that knowledge.

I think, despite the frustration, it's worth it to communicate this...  I do apologize if you don't see it this way.

--- End quote ---

It's just that she was not citing distress with her eye area or the thin face and after calling attention to those areas, you said the filler 'fix' was essentially hopeless to pursue.

kavan:

--- Quote from: some1afterall on March 15, 2018, 06:08:03 PM ---Here is the type of osteotomy that’s been proposed. You can choose how narrow or wide of a strip you take out.

--- End quote ---

That's not the type I'm suggesting but it's your choice and your face.

kavan:

--- Quote from: some1afterall on March 15, 2018, 06:04:41 PM ---I’m not bothered  by the photo morphing if anyone cares.

And btw, my chin is quite boxy from frontal view when looking straight on.

I don’t know... I’m going to wait until I get Gunson’s Opinion.

I’m not terribly bothered by my appearance, I wish the aesthetic results were better, but I’m starting to accept it. I don’t want to drop >20k and go through another surgery unless it will make a huge improvement.

--- End quote ---

Chin looks narrow to me and IMO contributes to the 'gaunt' look and will look more narrow and hence longer with that type of surgery. But if YOU think it looks 'boxy' or too wide, it's the same thing as telling the surgeon you WANT it to be narrower. IDK. Sometimes people just have to see on their face (after the surgery) WHAT their request actually looks like for them to realize their request lacked good aesthetic sensibility. So if it looks bad afterwards or you don't like it, very easy for the surgeon to tell you; 'Well, this is the surgery we do when a patient thinks their chin is too WIDE or boxy. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version