General Category > Emotional Support

Regret double jaw surgery and genie for open bite and retrognathia

<< < (11/11)

girl:

--- Quote from: jusken on March 15, 2018, 04:49:15 PM ---Well sounds like I'm digging a deeper hole with my opinions on this board.  I think she looks good, perfectly normal, and doesn't need anything tbh.  I made this clear I felt like.  Still, 'good' is a relative sentiment. Many will still look for problems or be more critical of themselves, especially after a change like jaw surgery.

To have the mentality that there HAS to be a solution now I think is a mistake many people on this board are prone to.  I have done a massive amount of research on soft tissue fillers of all kinds, and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who is very critical of themselves.  It is risky regardless of the permanence of the procedure.  If you study aging and volume loss, you will understand that a targeted approach to fillers is flawed.  Many people end up looking slightly unnatural and regret it over time.

I do think an ideal solution to soft tissue regeneration is on the horizon - so to say that my stance is: 'nothing to be done about it' also isn't totally accurate.  Anyway, not trying to be overly aggressive, I honestly just want to get the information I've learned out there so people don't do things they'd regret!

--- End quote ---

It's not your beliefs I was picking at. It was the "tissue loss" terminology that implied some kind of severe aesthetic problem, and also the fact you pointed out a bunch of flaws (that would make a self-conscious person feel worse) and later said these were unfixable by modern means.

Aside from that, a targeted approach to fillers isn't any more flawed than not doing any fillers. Because it will still go away unevenly.

kavan:

--- Quote from: girl on March 15, 2018, 08:02:02 PM ---It's not your beliefs I was picking at. It was the "tissue loss" terminology that implied some kind of severe aesthetic problem, and also the fact you pointed out a bunch of flaws (that would make a self-conscious person feel worse) and later said these were unfixable by modern means.

Aside from that, a targeted approach to fillers isn't any more flawed than not doing any fillers. Because it will still go away unevenly.

--- End quote ---

I had similar response. But just want to say to Ken it's not a 'moderation' directive against pointing out other stuff if he wants to do that. Just sayin' I found it weird to suggest a correction that he felt could not be achieved.

jusken:

--- Quote from: girl on March 15, 2018, 08:02:02 PM ---Aside from that, a targeted approach to fillers isn't any more flawed than not doing any fillers. Because it will still go away unevenly.

--- End quote ---

I would take issue with this.  While there is definitely a bit of unevenness in aging, it's not the same as adding it back by eye-balling it.  Natural unevenness will always look better than filler in the wrong amounts/places.  This is a highly oversimplified way of looking at it.  Even working on a 3D model with an undo button would be difficult - let alone working with an unpredictable solution through a syringe (in the case of fat, can grow, resorb and change post surgery).

To the both of you:

I understand what you guys are saying, and while I didn't feel like I was being harsh (nor do I think my wording has reflected that tone), perhaps I misjudged it.  I suppose my outlook is: not every problem with how we look needs to be fixed.  The OP has a great feminine facial shape and features.  I believe most surgical recommendations should be for deformities, and generally aren't worth the risk for minor flaws as I see them in this case.  Nonetheless, the only minor flaws I see are soft tissue related. 

In other words OP, I would recommend against a chin procedure...

kavan:

--- Quote from: jusken on March 15, 2018, 08:43:53 PM ---I would take issue with this.  While there is definitely a bit of unevenness in aging, it's not the same as adding it back by eye-balling it.  Natural unevenness will always look better than filler in the wrong amounts/places.  This is a highly oversimplified way of looking at it.  Even working on a 3D model with an undo button would be difficult - let alone working with an unpredictable solution through a syringe (in the case of fat, can grow, resorb and change post surgery).

To the both of you:

I understand what you guys are saying, and while I didn't feel like I was being harsh (nor do I think my wording has reflected that tone), perhaps I misjudged it.  I suppose my outlook is: not every problem with how we look needs to be fixed.  The OP has a great feminine facial shape and features.  I believe most surgical recommendations should be for deformities, and generally aren't worth the risk for minor flaws as I see them in this case.  Nonetheless, the only minor flaws I see are soft tissue related. 

In other words OP, I would recommend against a chin procedure...

--- End quote ---

I didn't think you were 'harsh'. I just found the aesthetic assessment with no 'solution' weird.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version